PDA

View Full Version : Monday, Wednesday & Friday??

berkschick
04-02-2008, 02:28 PM
I have been left with the following places

Monday x 2

Wednesday x 1

Friday x 2

And 2 before/after school places.

So basically I have no mindees on a Monday or Friday but am full for 0 - 5 Tuesday and Thursday!

Does anyone here mind Mons, Weds and Fri only?

Its just that I was talking to some minders at school and they think I may have made things difficult for myself by taking on M who does Tues and Thurs and G who does Tues, Weds & Thurs. :(

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi Debbie

Yes I have done that in the past

Sometimes we have to do what we have to do for the cash

I mean if you did not work those days then you would be getting no money and no experience

I have some children now that come 3 days and some that come 2 so it worked out in the end

Hope it does for you too

Angel xx

Banana
04-02-2008, 02:35 PM
I have mindees who come

Monday and wed

Tuesday and thurs

Wed thur fri

mon tue fri

They are the days the four children do. If you get the enquries you fill the spaces. Dont think the days matter that much - all parents childcare requirments are unique. I am sure you will fill them

x

deeb66
04-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Also happened to me in the past too.

As Angel says when you first start up you end up taking on whatever comes along and end up with a mix and match.....sometimes it works for you and sometimes it doesn't.

You never know though....someone may approach you that needs those sorts of days or maybe even 2 of them.....you will be amazed at how it can sometimes work out.

ruby
04-02-2008, 03:43 PM
we were the same last year with odd days but will able to fill them because some of our parents work from home or had family helping out so could fit around the days we had spare
we have mindees who come
mon tues
mon wed
mon tues wed
thu fri
fri
tues wed thu fri
and two who come all week
the only day we are under our numbers is thursday

so don't think you will have any problems filling the spaces

cathy and rachel

bubbly
04-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Probably a silly question but wont you find it really hard implementing the EYFS with so many different children on your books and some for just a few hours a day - I mean with all those observations and planning? I know it'll become easier with time but I'm stressed with just 2 kids lol.

Mollymop
04-02-2008, 05:08 PM
I see what you mean about those days without kiddies, but I think that's the way it goes, I suppose.
I guess I am going to have these probs as well as it seems most kiddies are parttime.

At the end of the day you are earning money and if you turned away those part timers you might be waiting a long time to get all your spaces full through full timers.

Your friends saying you have made life difficult for yourself, seems a bit harsh, becasue in truth you're life would be more difficult without the income from your full days.

You never know what's round the corner:)

jmoff
04-02-2008, 06:33 PM
I am sure you will be able to fill the spaces!

I thought I wouldnt be able to fill mine as I had 1 space for Mon, Tue and Fri.And I have just taken on 2 kiddies, one on Tuesday and the other one on Mon and Fri.

Yippee, at least I will get my bank hols paid!:clapping:

susi513
05-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Currently my under fives are
1 x 4 days Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri
1 x 4 days Tue - Fri
1 x 2 days Tue and Fri
1 x 2 days Wed and Thur

So I'm full on Tue, Wed & Thur but only have one mindee on Mon & Wed. Neither of these can swap to the other day to give me a day off unfortunately!

Last term I had 3 mindees each weekday but they were all p/t and fitted around each other. Sometimes it works, sometimes you get gaps you can't fill (everyone always asks for the day(s) you're already full!). But full timers are few & far between. I've been minding almost 7 years and never had a full timer (had 2 p/t that asked to go full time but each time their circumstances changed and neither went full time in the end). If I'd turned away p/t work to wait for a full timer I'd be bankrup or in a different job by now.

Sometimes its possible to negotiate a day change later on, but many parents don't have that flexibility. Its always worth asking.