PDA

View Full Version : risk assesment and washing line

danast
15-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Hi all

You may probably laugh and think i am silly,but I was updating my risk assesment for the garden and i come across washing line.
I have rotary drier in my garden where children play and now warmer weather is coming i will be saving my electrocity and drying aoutside.

Do you use your washing line outside whilst minding?
My rotary drier is about 1.65cm tall so obviously children can not reach it,but by the time you put washing on it the clothes hangs down a bit especcially if you pu shirt or trousers on it.
what is your view??:eek:

Normally i even would not think of it but we just have to be so carefull now.:blush:

huggableshelly
15-03-2009, 09:56 PM
its not something I've thought about tht due to not having any fulltimers during school hours so I've always managed to hang out and collted back in collapsing the rotary or retractable line before school pick up.

rickysmiths
15-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Well I won't stop using mine!!!

danast
15-03-2009, 10:02 PM
i do not want to either i just thought of it. Because we have to risk asses everything:angry:

Daftbat
15-03-2009, 10:12 PM
I have a rotary one and use it all the time int he summer. he only thing i do re risk is keep it up fully whilst its in the garden without clothes on it as the line hangs down when its collapsed. Its not so much a danger to the kids from strangulation etc - more of me getting stressed as they pull all the bits and it takes ages to get it threaded through again!!!!!!!

PixiePetal
15-03-2009, 11:31 PM
I have mine up if I need to use it. Will NOT stop hanging out washing for anyone :angry:

When it is down it has a cover over to stop strangulation...............and the kids messing it up or tangling it:D

cher25
15-03-2009, 11:44 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Im desperate for a rotary washing line as the line i currently have only holds about 5 items. It does my head in. But im determined to buy 1 for the summer and i will be using it. :)

singlewiththree
16-03-2009, 07:17 AM
Just jumping in here but with a normal line, would you suggest a retractable one so that when you aren't using it you can retract it away so its not in reach for the children. to be honest when it doesn't have clothes on it then I peg up the paintings :)

huggableshelly
16-03-2009, 07:19 AM
yep I hang paintings on mine too lol

I have no room for my rotary when mindees are here so it has to be put away or used only at wkends.