PDA

View Full Version : Do any Childminders work from a rented house?

vix84
15-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Hiya, I was wondering if anyone childminds from a rented property?
We have a 2 bed house at the moment, and cant afford a larger mortgage, so are considering renting whilst we expand our family:)
But not sure if most landlords would say you cant Childmind from there - has anyone had this problem?

Rainy
15-03-2009, 08:14 PM
I rent from a private landlord. He was fine about it but i have heard that some arn't. There is someone on here that rents from a housing association and they wern't able to childmind

Good luck

vix84
15-03-2009, 08:17 PM
I rent from a private landlord. He was fine about it but i have heard that some arn't. There is someone on here that rents from a housing association and they wern't able to childmind

Good luck

Thats good to hear that some do - but I think we would have a search on our hands, as we dont want to pay too much more than the average - but we also need a seperate playroom/conservatory which I havent really seen yet!

sue m
15-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Snowbunny has had problems which have upset her a lot, her landlord told her she can't do it in her flat. Don't know if a flat is any difference to a house for minding.

charleyfarley
15-03-2009, 08:35 PM
When Daz was in the army and we got posted, the army rented a private house for us, landlord allowed this but we were turned down for another house because I was a childminder. Some landlords won't allow it so make sure you ask first.

Carol xx

vix84
15-03-2009, 08:39 PM
I will make sure I tell the estate agents to check about Childminding and about my strict requirements - seperate playroom or conservatory, downstairs toilet, good parking and a good sized garden! Best start looking well in advance!!

Eileen322
15-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I rent privately and started childminding after I had my own children. The letting agents were fine with it, I suppose it was because We had children already and a few more wern't going to make much difference:) However We have been told that the landlords mother may be moving in downstairs:panic: and as We have wooden floors she may not appreciate the noise!!

vix84
15-03-2009, 09:41 PM
I rent privately and started childminding after I had my own children. The letting agents were fine with it, I suppose it was because We had children already and a few more wern't going to make much difference:) However We have been told that the landlords mother may be moving in downstairs:panic: and as We have wooden floors she may not appreciate the noise!!

Oh no - maybe drop her round some ear plugs:laughing:

helenlc
15-03-2009, 09:46 PM
I childmind from a rented Housing Association house.

I asked my HA if I could and they said yes as long as they didnt get complaints from the neighbours re:noise, parents parking I guess. Anyway, so far have not had a problem.

nadinescott
16-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi i used to childmind from a rented house before we could afford to buy. We were turned down by a few but mostly excepted. The house we finally moved into asked for a slightly higher deposit to cover any extra costs after we moved out, but we did get it all back in the end when we moved out.:)