PDA

View Full Version : Buildings and contents insurance.

RedDragon
15-03-2009, 03:39 PM
I know a lot of companies react with horror when you say you are a Childminder looking for buildings and contents insurance.

A lot offer insurance but without the accidental damage in it.

Wondered if anyone had a good company they could share with us?

Last year I went with Allianz insurance plc and paid £246 for the year.

This year dh WILL BE 50 so I have tried SAGA - they seem to accept us online but I have just emailed them to double check that they accept Childminders and they also cover us for accidental damage. Their quote came out as £232

Both excess charge of £50

Chatterbox Childcare
15-03-2009, 04:38 PM
I think that is a good price for both contents and buildings.

I am with Churchill and they cover childminders with accidental damage for your own family

rickysmiths
15-03-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm with Churchill as well cost about £300 for buildings and contents in Dec last but it will depoend on where you live how big and what kind of house. Also what level of contents cover.

sarah707
15-03-2009, 04:50 PM
I went with the Ncma insurers who have changed their name and I don't know the knew one :o

It's £300 for buildings and contents including accidental damage and they don't charge extra for paying monthly :D

rickysmiths
15-03-2009, 04:58 PM
I went with the Ncma insurers who have changed their name and I don't know the knew one :o

It's £300 for buildings and contents including accidental damage and they don't charge extra for paying monthly :D

Blue Fin Sarah!

Blackhorse
15-03-2009, 09:47 PM
at our induction training we got given a leaflet from a company that works together with scma

they are called home mindeminder
they also have a motorminder bit
I don't know what they are charing though

Donkey
15-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I am with morton michel for buildings and contents, it was cheaper than the ncma one!

rickysmiths
15-03-2009, 09:57 PM
at our induction training we got given a leaflet from a company that works together with scma

they are called home mindeminder
they also have a motorminder bit
I don't know what they are charing though

They are Blue fin now not moter or homeminder

Pauline
15-03-2009, 10:13 PM
This year dh WILL BE 50 so I have tried SAGA - they seem to accept us online but I have just emailed them to double check that they accept Childminders and they also cover us for accidental damage. Their quote came out as £232

Both excess charge of £50

We are with RIAS, also for the over 50's, and we get full accidental cover and it is written into the policy certificate that we are childminders.

Daftbat
15-03-2009, 10:15 PM

Same here they are cheaper than my previous insurer anyway

JOANNE
16-03-2009, 01:45 PM

Do you need tobe an NCMA member to go with them for insurance?

Pauline
16-03-2009, 03:46 PM

Yes I think you do.

cheeky monkeys
16-03-2009, 05:05 PM
I used to be with Home minder a few years ago, but found that the amount for home contents was a bit on the low side. The premium went through the roof if I increased it so I moved to More Than that have £75K as standard for contents insurance and they were cheaper than home minder.

sarah707
16-03-2009, 06:27 PM

Nope! I'm not an Ncma member. My childminding insurance is with morton michel.

They are an insurance company like any other they just understand childminders better than most I have found :D

madasahatter
16-03-2009, 06:38 PM
I also have the NCMA/Blue fin insurance. The parts that drew me were the extras they include as standard, like anything in your garden being covered irrespective of it being locked up, extra for valuables/belongings in your car (most car insurances have a very low limit on stuff in your car, which may not cover the cost of new car seats, pushchairs etc if it was stolen).

Pauline
16-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Nope! I'm not an Ncma member. My childminding insurance is with morton michel.

They are an insurance company like any other they just understand childminders better than most I have found :D

I must have misunderstand Joanne's post - I thought she was asking if you had to be an NCMA member to get NCMA insurance :rolleyes: