PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg visit

Clever Clogs
04-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi there

I am due my pre-reg visit next Tues. When the officer rang we picked a time when daughter would be at school so no need to collect etc - however didn't realise they are on holiday next week! Anyone have any advice on whether to keep daughter here (she can be quite demanding at times) or ask my mum to take her for a while? I also have a 7 month old. Don't want to compromise the meeting by constantly havign to say to the woman 'Can you wait a minute till I do this', 'Can I just feed my son' etc. Or should that go in my favour having kids around?

Any advice appreciated.
Tracey

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Well if you think your daughter may be demanding and you think it might stress you then leave her with your mom for a while
Your pre reg is not like your inspection though

They are their to help and advise you not to judge you on your daughter

Do whatever you feel is right for you though

We all know how kids can show off when we want them to behave

Good luck whatever you decide

Let us know how it goes

Angel xx

sarah707
04-02-2008, 01:44 PM
If you are lucky enough to have a mum who will help you, then I'd ask her if I were you.... you want to be able to focus on the inspector and ask all your questions while she is there, not remember things you wish you'd asked when she's gone....

But then if you do remember lots of questions later, you can always ask us! :D

deeb66
04-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Good advice already given

Don't forget to let us know how you got on

muminamini
04-02-2008, 07:37 PM
I would definatley get someone to mind your child...I speak from experience! I had the lady from the council come for my pre registration inspection and my 3 yr old son was at home. He wasn't badly behaved but there were the inevitable interruptions and I would just lose my train of thought completley.

I was lucky that my actual ofsted pre reg inspection fell at a time when he was in pre school and I just ahd my 9 month old daughter at home. I was luck as she was asleep when the inspector arrived and was a dream when she woke up.

I changed my daughters bottom whilst she was there and remembered to do all the hand washing and putting nappy in bag in bin etc...as she left she asked me how I would change a minded childs bottom? I thought she was going mental but then I remembered I had just changed her on the floor and forgotten to use the changing mat! She said if it had been a minded child I would have been picked up on that at the inspection!!! eek!

I guess what I am trying to say is - it is hard enough to try and relax and remember everything as it is without adding anything else to the mix at this early stage so if someone can have the children I reckon it's a good plan.
Good luck! I am sure you will be fine
x

manjay
04-02-2008, 07:49 PM
I had all three at mine and it was no problem!

amanda xx

Mollymop
05-02-2008, 11:56 AM
I had my pre-reg last Friday and I kept my Caitlin from playschool and had to get my friend to Pick Timmy up from school as the inspector was here from 1:30 till 4:30.

Caitlin is coming 4 soon so she was as good as gold, well sort of, I tried to keep her busy but she still nagged me a lot for this and that, actually, more than she usually does!

Timmy came home and he wanted to show the inspecotr his bedroom and asked her to sit on his sofa bed "as it is really comfy"! LOL
She was brilliant with kids and didn't mind one bit that I had to keep getting up and getting Caitlin what she wanted.

She did say she was happy that she saw me with my children as it shows how I am with children, she said I was very good with them!:)

So i think the inspector will want to see you with your kiddies, but don't worry I am sure they are used to demanding children.

But like others have said if you think your little one will be a bit too demanding, it is probaly best that she does go for a few hours or your inspector might have to stop twice as long, as lot of the time is taken up by you and her/him talking.
Good luck X

berkschick
05-02-2008, 12:13 PM
My boys school was closed for teacher training day and I didnt realise when I booked the visit so I had 6 year old, 10 year old and 1 year old home for my inspection!

My 10 year old became a pain in the rear as the meeting went on. Moaning about being bored, begging to watch tv programmes that he KNOWS he is NOT allowed to, talking to me in silly voices, you know the usual things they do to show you up!

In the end I said excuse me while I deal with my badly behaved 10 year old. The inspector said, dont worry, Im only interested in how you deal with the 0 - 8 year olds so you crack on! Obviously this was meant tounge in cheek! But she went on to tell me she had a son the same age who is just the same so we ended up laughing about it.