PDA

View Full Version : How often??

youarewhatyoueat
13-03-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm still up planning my daily diary/learning journey and have a few queries I wonder if anyone can help with.

I currently write everything down that happens during the day in a diary but have not been linking it to the eyfs,so i'm planning to carry on doing that but at the end of the week do a more detailed learning journey and link it to the eyfs or should I just do a detailed learning journey each day for each child and link that in with the eyfs and also my planning.

I just want to keep it simple what do you all do?

I'm also planning to use an A5 folder and print off sheets to use,what do you think?

uf353432
13-03-2009, 10:48 PM
I am planning to do WOW moments as and when they occur and then will plan a specific time to do an observation - so every couple of weeks on a tuesday at 10am will study child A for 10mins and observe what they are doing at that moment and link it into EYFS. Each child will have a specific time based on the time I have them to look after. The frequency will depend on how much I look after them.

angeldelight
13-03-2009, 10:53 PM
I have a daily diary that goes home every night but no I do not link mine to the EYFS

You have to remember though that everyone is different and there are no set rules

You have to do what is right for you and your setting

Angel xx

Daftbat
14-03-2009, 08:34 AM
I do a daily diary for each child and use the NCMA stickers for the six learning areas in the margins to highlight how the activities link to EYFS. At the end of the week i do a section showing how it links back to the next steps in learning that i have done for each child and use a highlighter pen to make it clear. The diary is given to the parent to add their comments over the weekend.

I find this is really quick and simple and the inspector loved it three weeks ago. She was even able to follow it through herself without me explaining. Observations are kept in a separate folder.

charleyfarley
14-03-2009, 09:04 AM
I don't link my daily diarys with EYFS either, not sure the parents would know what I was talking about tbh, they just want to see what they've been doing here.

Carol xx

breezy
14-03-2009, 08:05 PM
I don't link my daily diarys with EYFS either, not sure the parents would know what I was talking about tbh, they just want to see what they've been doing here.

Carol xx

I'm the same, it's hard enough to get them just to read it at times I dont want to complicate it!