PDA

View Full Version : Moon and sun

cher25
13-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi My 5 yr old mindee has a school library book called the sun, he tried to tell me the moon and sun were practically the same thing. I tried to explain that they aren't and that they are both at opposite sides of the earth. My example was when the sun is up here, the moon is down there in australia!(first place i could think of)
His reply was do people in australia walk on their heads. lol
Have noted it down as an ob and plan to get my dp globe from his dad's to extend on this now.

Hebs
13-03-2009, 08:27 PM
awwww bless him

my son knows a full moon turns him into a warewolf :laughing:

uf353432
13-03-2009, 08:33 PM
you could have a look at this as well:

http://www.kidsastronomy.com/index.htm

Lady Haha
13-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Aw thats sweet!

At least your mindee listens to you! I have one mindee who will not believe a word I say when I try and correct her sometimes! She is convinced there are 25 hours in a day, that as her bday was on 24th and other mindees was on 22nd then she is three days younger(sun, mon, tue.....) and umpteen other things including that she was on stage once with Girls Aloud, but that's another story lol, would not have it when I told her that boxing day is the day after Christmas.....! I try to tell her in a way that is helpful and I know she learns from me, because as soon as I mention it to mum, she denies everything she said and agrees with me:rolleyes:

angeldelight
13-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Thats sweet

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
14-03-2009, 10:36 AM
I think its so funny when kids think that our Aussie cousins walk upside down!!!! Wonder if Aussie kids think we do??:D
It also confuses kids when you tell them that Christmas in Oz is Summer time.

Sounds like you are going to have fun doing planets, solar systems and the hours:D

i am sure that I saw in WH Smith one of those build your own solar systems (on sticks) showing all the planets and how it all revolves (its was battery powered) - think it was a good price too