PDA

View Full Version : when to ask?

haribo
13-03-2009, 02:09 PM
im wondering when i should ask mindees mum if the baby due in july is coming to me , it may sound daft but she had a hard time concieving and has had several miscarriages in the past. i havent wanted to broach the subject before as they were just hoping the pregnancy would progress with no problems . now though everything is looking ok and obviously i need to plan for the future i havent had any firm enquiries from elsewhere yet but would like to know where i stand if i do .was thinking would ask today at pickup if she has any plans , would others do likewise or should i wait a bit ??

loocyloo
13-03-2009, 02:35 PM
i have a mum in a similar position.

i was going to wait until i knew they had had 20 wk scan and all ok. but we had a chat about changing mindees hours, and we ended up talking about it then! .. so fingers crossed, as long as everything goes ok i have babe starting april 2010 !!!! how mad is that? !!! long term planning! (although, actually, this mum asked me to have current mindee when only 28wks pregnant! i said wait till you have had babe, then we will make plans!)

good luck, its a tricky one.

xxx

Daftbat
13-03-2009, 04:00 PM
I am sure you won't have a problem if you just ask and put it in the context that you are wanting to organise your business and it means taking into account whether she plans to go back to work or not. I had a similar situation recently and the mum just said "Oh my goodness i thought i had already confirmed with you - thanks for asking!" She was worried i might not have room.

I had to check as i have her baby coming in January 2010 and two others coming in March 2010! Its nice to have the business but it has taken some organising to be able to fit them all in. Guess what - they are all girls too!:eek:

Chatterbox Childcare
13-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Crikey - I wouldn't include her in your plans at all. If mum hasn't had the baby yet, there is up to 1 year maternity and she may decide not to go back after all.

I would wait until mum broaches the subject and that won't put any pressure on her.

haribo
13-03-2009, 04:28 PM
thanks for replies, well mum has just gone and i bottled out cos she had her 20 week scan and showed me a pic , its another little girl and shes so happy itwasnt the day to ask today lol so will do it next week :blush:

vix84
13-03-2009, 06:18 PM
thanks for replies, well mum has just gone and i bottled out cos she had her 20 week scan and showed me a pic , its another little girl and shes so happy itwasnt the day to ask today lol so will do it next week :blush:

Could you not just ask if your current mindee is staying with you - and having any time off when the baby arrives. Then she may bring up the conversation about the new baby.

venus89
13-03-2009, 06:20 PM
I was wondering the same then Mum turned around and said we really must talk it through soon..... Do you have a contract review due? You could use that as an excuse!