PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant what do you think?

Rubybubbles
13-03-2009, 01:51 PM
My friend who is an NVQ assesor went on a training course, she told me all about it

The lady was doing it based on 0-5. She told the people to pretend they were that age

She gave them a daffoid, she asked them to talk about it, write a list of things

colour, smell, texture, differences between them,

she took it away and gave them a plastic one

colour

she took it away and gave them a black and white picture to colour

nuff said

Anyway thought I share as i thought this was really :idea:

Rubybubbles
13-03-2009, 02:11 PM
sorry the phone went before I could finish lol

Anyway, the point was to explore everything the real flower it really helped the children (or adults;) ) to get the feel for the daffoid, prompt looking for them around the local area, what other flowers can we see, signs of spring and so on and so on

I know this may seem simple, we all know this already, but I thought the whole way the training was down was brilliant!

She got them to do some craft too. She told them to sit still, stop fidgiting, use your scissors this way, no do it this way.

Oh look at A's picture isn't it fab where shall we put this ect ect

Then asked everyone how they felt! Fan ****** tasitc:clapping: how to really put yourself in a childs eye

She is letting me know her name as she will be having courses in the newest training dirctory (on Lincs birth to five online in April;) :D )

rickysmiths
13-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Oh can I come please? It sounds brilliant. Herts where I live are doing vertually no training for childminders its all aimed at nurseries and preschools.

mandy moo
13-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Oh can I come please? It sounds brilliant. Herts where I live are doing vertually no training for childminders its all aimed at nurseries and preschools.

I thought it was just me Ricky, and coz Im still reaonably new to childminding, That I wasnt on their mailing list yet or something
prehaps we should lobby them:laughing:

Schnakes
13-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Mmm - all the best training in our area is aimed at the nurseries too. It really gets my goat that the £50 a day per child nurseries get all that free training, and the staff probably get paid to go on it too.

Sx

angeldelight
13-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Sounds good and interesting

Angel xx