PDA

View Full Version : Two childminders sharing a child

singlewiththree
13-03-2009, 11:32 AM
The variation that got declined has come back asking me to have the child on the Friday as another childminder can do Mon-Thurs. I've said yes as I have a vacancy that day, but is there any tips for working with another childminder having the same child?

All I can think is it might be best for me to get the details of the other childminder and phone her and perhaps arrange to meet to discuss the little boy and also do a home/diary one for the week for us both to fill in. Is this right?

sarah707
13-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Yes I would say that sounds fine... you'll just feed into her learning journey really adding photos etc as you go along.

I hope you find the other minder easy to work with :D

singlewiththree
13-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Yes I would say that sounds fine... you'll just feed into her learning journey really adding photos etc as you go along.

I hope you find the other minder easy to work with :D

That would be so much easier if I just popped things into her learning journey instead of creating my own. I don't know what type of childminder she is, unfortunately as I've found out they aren't all like you sarah :) After my chat with mum I will get permission to chat to the childminder and see how he is settling as he only started with her Thurs and was a very clingy little boy.