PDA

View Full Version : activitys for 1 years olds please!!!

youarewhatyoueat
13-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Morning, I'm currently minding two 1 year olds,they've both just had their birthdays. one is still crawling and the other(the girl) is now walking.I'm after some ideas for activities for them,they free play very well with toys and love any outdoor play structures and the park,but I would like to do some mark making and am not sure if they are old enough to use shaving foam,cornflour glup or sand,any ideas for them??

singlewiththree
13-03-2009, 11:39 AM
My 1yr old and 18mth old play with sand and also rice/pasta but heavily supervised as they can put it in their mouths.

They use paintbrushes, crayons and also finger paints (just watch them putting it near their face) aquadraw is a good one too :-)

Blackhorse
13-03-2009, 11:46 AM
my dd is 14 months and loves crayons, play dough, books etc
building blocks and softplay balls
she is walking really well by now and loves to push and pull things through the house

I also have a cupboard in the kitchen that is not locked so she can get into it.
It is full of plastic bowls, sippy cups and other things she can play with.
I sometimes put other toys in it for her to find. the idea is to have different shapes, textures etc in it that she can find and explore iyswim and she loves it

marion123
13-03-2009, 12:04 PM
ive got 13 month and he likes to play with the balls he likes rolling them and then crawling after them he likes big cars to chase after little people house and loves the rainmaker :)

tammerisk
13-03-2009, 12:18 PM
my own little one is 15 months and he loves big cars to push along i have ut out a dolls house for him to start to play with

happy land stuff

duplo and larger lego

he also loves the click clack car track

shape sorters starting off with circle

musical instruments

water sand pits with stuff put in them ( farm animals bugs shapes e.c.t)

corn flour shaving foam

mark making i blue tack paper to the floor for him

painting hands and feet as they tend to just eat brushes

balls and skittles

bikes and pushalong in the garden

Blackhorse
13-03-2009, 12:46 PM
corn flour shaving foam .

what is that?

tammerisk
13-03-2009, 01:27 PM
sorry i not very good at spelling

corn flour you can buy from tescos or some where like that it is athickening ingreadiant for soups and saurces

mix it up untill it gloopy and let them play in it with tools like what you would give them for play dough or cooking

shaving foam just what hubby would use to shave with

spay it onto a table or some plastic sheeting and let them crawl/walk around and play in it again with tools and cooking stuff and plastic toys e.c.t

OrlandoBelle
13-03-2009, 01:50 PM
sorry i not very good at spelling

corn flour you can buy from tescos or some where like that it is athickening ingreadiant for soups and saurces

mix it up untill it gloopy and let them play in it with tools like what you would give them for play dough or cooking

shaving foam just what hubby would use to shave with

spay it onto a table or some plastic sheeting and let them crawl/walk around and play in it again with tools and cooking stuff and plastic toys e.c.t

I tried my 14 month old mindee with gloop for the first time this morning but I don't think I got the consistancy right. Does anyone know how much water to add, etc? I put a bit of pink food colouring in mine and some strawberry essence to make it smell nice ( I do this with playdough too!) but it just went all thick at the bottom and watery on top. I put it in a deep tray (a new cat litter tray, £1 from poundland!)

She also likes playing with cold, cooked spaghetti. hth:)

tammerisk
13-03-2009, 02:02 PM
if you add the water tea spoonful at a time and mix as if you were making iceing then it should work out right

corn flour should be the same consistancy as icing sugar