PDA

View Full Version : EYFS - Physical Development

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 10:51 AM
The statutory early learning goals (detailed below) establish expectations for most children to reach by the end of the EYFS. They provide the basis for planning throughout the EYFS, so laying secure foundations from birth for future learning. .

Educational programme

The physical development of babies and young children must be encouraged through the provision of opportunities for them to be active and interactive and to improve their skills of coordination, control, manipulation and movement. They must be supported in using all of their senses to learn about the world around them and to make connections between new information and what they already know. They must be supported in developing an understanding of the importance of physical activity and making healthy choices in relation to food.

Early learning goals

By the end of the EYFS, children should:

Move with confidence, imagination and in safety.

Move with control and coordination.

Travel around, under, over and through balancing and climbing equipment.

Show awareness of space, of themselves and of others.

Recognise the importance of keeping healthy, and those things which contribute to this.

Recognise the changes that happen to their bodies when they are active.

Use a range of small and large equipment.

Handle tools, objects, construction and malleable materials safely and with increasing control.

Pipsqueak
04-02-2008, 10:53 AM
You have been a busy this morning!! Thanks again for them - you :littleangel:

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 10:55 AM
This time not my own work although I am working on that at the moment like I did the Birth to Three

Most of you should already have all this you prob just can not get your head around it

I thought they were easier to read through and come back to if I put them in different sections here for everyone

Hope they help

Angel xx

miffy
04-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Thank you Angel

These are the same as for the foundation stage goals then

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
04-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks again Angel

Carol xx

deeb66
04-02-2008, 02:20 PM
More great information Angel

Thank you

miffy
04-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks again Angel

I have only skimmed the pack until now so was pleased to find it's the same as the foundation stage

Your lists should be a huge help to everyone

Miffy xx