PDA

View Full Version : im soooo confused

busy bee
13-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi Im registered to have one child under 5 and two over 5. A bit restricting as I can only have 1 mindee during the school day. I have of my own 4 children one 14yrs , 7yrs, 3yrs and little Jacob 1yr hence Im only allowed 1 under 5. For the reason Im looking into having another childminder working with me. But I have no idea how this is going to work? She wants to split the money 50/50 but ive spent two months getting my mindees and cant afford for her to take half of that income. As its in my home I think I should get something out of it. If we split it half I dont gain anything. She want be able to claim back any tax like I will as its in my home.? Do you think I should ask for a percentage of her earnings? Any ideas !!!!:

Tatjana
13-03-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure if i understand that correctly...she wants to childmind in your home and take half your earnings.

What would you gain from this...is it to increase no's...have Ofsted agreed to up no.s for this?

xx

Chatterbox Childcare
13-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Why doesn't the childminder, if registered get her own children.

You mention you have a 3 and 7 year old so why not contact ofsted and ask for a change in numbers. Normally they would give you 4 under 8 and that would include 2 under 5. Your older child doesn't enter into the ratio's at all because of his age.

busy bee
13-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Hi Im registered to have one child under 5 and two over 5. A bit restricting as I can only have 1 mindee during the school day. I have of my own 4 children one 14yrs , 7yrs, 3yrs and little Jacob 1yr hence Im only allowed 1 under 5. For the reason Im looking into having another childminder working with me. But I have no idea how this is going to work? She wants to split the money 50/50 but ive spent two months getting my mindees and cant afford for her to take half of that income. As its in my home I think I should get something out of it. If we split it half I dont gain anything. She want be able to claim back any tax like I will as its in my home.? Do you think I should ask for a percentage of her earnings? Any ideas !!!!:

Yes she would be working in my house. What do I need to do to make it worth my while.
As I can claim back tax and she cant how can I make it fair.

kez
13-03-2009, 09:44 PM
You would probly bet better off then with an assistant, if you didnt want to pay her holidays etr then you could have a self empolyed assistant and you may be able you up your numbers that way and earn a profit xxx

rickysmiths
13-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Why doesn't the childminder, if registered get her own children.

You mention you have a 3 and 7 year old so why not contact ofsted and ask for a change in numbers. Normally they would give you 4 under 8 and that would include 2 under 5. Your older child doesn't enter into the ratio's at all because of his age.

She has a one year old as well Debbie.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-03-2009, 12:21 AM
She has a one year old as well Debbie.

dddddr what a dummy I am!

Pipsqueak
14-03-2009, 12:33 AM
hi busybee, not sure why you would want to do this, there is no benefit what so ever to you. Perhaps you can get an assistant as already suggested.

Monkey1
14-03-2009, 07:34 AM
I would stick to being on your own or like the others say look into getting an assistant. Just because you have an extra childminder doesn't mean Ofsted will let you have double the ammount of children, it goes on the space you have too. I think this lady wants the money without all the hastle and the mess in the house at the end of the day!:rolleyes: