PDA

View Full Version : Got a fab buy in Ikea today for my multicultural box!

Willowdancer
12-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Got the set on the right: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50087958

Ouch at the price but I'd love to get the ones on the left to go with it too! :)

Monkey1
12-03-2009, 08:49 PM
I have both of those! Kids love them!

Twinkles
12-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Very nice - I love Ikea :clapping:

charleyfarley
12-03-2009, 09:13 PM
I want some of them, just need to go to Ikea now :rolleyes:

If they are played with blow the cost :D that's what I tell hubby anyway :laughing:

CAROL xx

Heaven Scent
12-03-2009, 09:22 PM
They are brill - just the ticket.

Willowdancer
12-03-2009, 09:57 PM
If they are played with blow the cost :D that's what I tell hubby anyway :laughing:

True! Phrase most commonly uttered by me when were shopping earlier:

"Business expense!"

:laughing:

miffy
12-03-2009, 10:03 PM
They look great - thanks Ali

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
12-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks, have been looking for something like that, and was hoping to go to Ikea this week-end, so will have a look!

angeldelight
12-03-2009, 10:24 PM
I want some of them, just need to go to Ikea now :rolleyes:

CAROL xx

Same here if you go get me some pleaseeeeeeee then I can blame you haha

xx

Nix
12-03-2009, 10:28 PM
They're great...I have both sets and the kids love 'em.:D

Nix,x

Pauline
12-03-2009, 10:37 PM
:( it says not suitable for the under 3's, which most of ours are.

beerheaven
12-03-2009, 10:58 PM
I have a set of these and the kids do love 'em!

I do agree about the price but they appear pretty robust.

Willowdancer
12-03-2009, 11:00 PM
:( it says not suitable for the under 3's, which most of ours are.

Darn, didn't notice that! :(

I suppose they would be ok if we sat and used them in a supervised group, just to look at and talk about?

Jules12Wed
13-03-2009, 11:04 AM
They look fab. Doesn't just about everything say not suitable for under 3's though.

Pauline
13-03-2009, 11:28 AM
They look fab. Doesn't just about everything say not suitable for under 3's though.

True but it is a big insurance issue for us I suppose.

The thing we have to consider, as professional carers, is that if a child did choke or be injured on an item marked not suitable for their age, you could be held responsible.

It would need careful risk assessments don't you think?

nannysue
13-03-2009, 12:13 PM
I saw these in a magazine with the Sunday papers and was hoping to pursuade hubby to take me to Ikea this weekend. They look fab. I've also seen a globe filled with similar figures but its quite expensive.

Alibali
13-03-2009, 01:38 PM
OH, I want some now!

jibberjitz
16-03-2009, 08:29 PM
They look fab :thumbsup:

OrlandoBelle
16-03-2009, 08:35 PM
They're great!!! I want some now! Will tie in well with my Growing and Changing topic!:clapping: Will cost me £20 in petrol getting there though...plus I can't go in Ikea and spend under £100! Lol. I love it!

helenlc
16-03-2009, 08:43 PM
I looked at these last time I was at Ikea. I have some Russian dolls that I actually bought in Russia any moons ago but I like the multi cultural range of these ones.

Damn - another trip to Ikea for me then!!!! :blush: :blush:

JO S
17-03-2009, 01:55 PM
these are lovely, going to ikea at the weekend. will take a look.

Rasharoon
28-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Hi all
I went to Ikea in Croydon last night, especially to buy these dolls and they don't sell them (aarrggghhhh).
Would anybody be willing to buy me a set and post for which of course I would reimburse all costs.
Thanks.
Rachelle

Shar
05-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the link, going to Ikea next week. Hope they are still in stock. XX:thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
03-05-2009, 09:37 PM
I agree they are great but do you guys have a multicultural box? I was told it was important not to have a multicultural box but to have those toys in with the regular toys as not to single them out, was told ofsted would mark you down for this, any truth in this?

because originaly I did have a multicultural box but changed it all for my pre registration inspection, not that the inspector was interested in any of the toys or multicultural things I had all she cared about was EYFS.

Gareth
xx

Willowdancer
04-05-2009, 08:35 AM
No I don't - in my case its just a figure of speech.

her8y
04-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Love these. Not available at the three stores nearest me!!!:panic:

Allie
04-05-2009, 09:29 AM
I think all Ikea stores are run seperately with no links between, which is a real shame if they haven't got stock left they can't get it in from another store

Allie

brillminder
04-05-2009, 10:59 AM
i went to milton keynes 2 weeks ago and non to be seen , i love these too, i have some christmas ones

Chimps Childminding
04-05-2009, 05:14 PM
We couldn't get them when we went either!!!!!:(

little miss chatterbox
09-10-2009, 06:35 PM
hmmmmm I have just come accross this thread as looking for muticultural clothes and resources. However there is an error on the page of the link (presumably coz it was a while ago) and now I'm wracking my brains trying to think what it could be - can anyone put me out of my misery - please!!!!!!

babs
09-10-2009, 06:46 PM
ok i have no idea what your talkin about as link dont work .....:( :( now im jealous cus i want to look :laughing: didnt look at date of thread :laughing:

Madminder
09-10-2009, 07:19 PM
ok i have no idea what your talkin about as link dont work .....:( :( now im jealous cus i want to look :laughing: didnt look at date of thread :laughing:

Me too! I assume that since the link doesn't work they are no longer available anyway though, but if we knew what they were we could look on eBay!

carebear25
09-10-2009, 07:52 PM
russian dolls I think!!!

carlen222
09-10-2009, 08:04 PM
but sounds like whatever it was, was very expensive, surely russian dolls wouldnt be that expensive??? im intrigued!!!!!

Lainey Lou
09-10-2009, 08:57 PM
what is it? what is it? I want one ..

Winnie
09-10-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm getting an error message :ohdear: ...what are you all talking about? please include meeeee:crying:

Heaven Scent
11-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Aw Lovie don't feel too bad - from memory - they are two sets of russian dolls that depict various costumes from around the world - I don't know how much they were though - The error is probably because the brochure changed in August and the page is probably no longer relevant. May not mean that the items are no longer available - I hope they are as I'd still love to get a set.

aly
11-10-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm getting an error message :ohdear: ...what are you all talking about? please include meeeee:crying:
and me too!

Chanelle
11-10-2009, 07:36 PM
and me too!

Please can someone do another link to what the item is as I dont have the page coming up and am really intrigued what the item is ??? :)

Thank you :)

Playmate
11-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Please can someone do another link to what the item is as I dont have the page coming up and am really intrigued what the item is ??? :)

Thank you :)

Yes pls me too :D

Willowdancer
14-10-2009, 10:15 PM
They were like this:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s244/CheekyMooster/Test/pe143424ikeaps.jpg

Great item but actually quite expensive for what they were. Mine are now useless as one of my kids got hold of it without me knowing, took it out into the back garden, left it there in the rain and now they don't fit together any more :(

Heaven Scent
14-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Are they in this years catalogue and if so how much are they?

Willowdancer
15-10-2009, 06:45 AM
No they don't seem to be in this year's catalogue. They were £10 a set though.

Madminder
16-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the photo, they look good but £10 is a bit pricey.

I often see the russian ones really cheap in charity shops and boot fairs. I am thinking that it may be possilbe to buy these, sand them down and repaint them! A good multicultural activity for the older children, they could use the pc to research types of clothing in different countries and design their own dolls, would make them even more interesting then and you could extend the activity in lots of ways.

Bet I don't see any for ages now!

OrlandoBelle
16-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the photo, they look good but £10 is a bit pricey.

I often see the russian ones really cheap in charity shops and boot fairs. I am thinking that it may be possilbe to buy these, sand them down and repaint them! A good multicultural activity for the older children, they could use the pc to research types of clothing in different countries and design their own dolls, would make them even more interesting then and you could extend the activity in lots of ways.

Bet I don't see any for ages now!

Some craft shops sell these plain, ready to paint:)

Madminder
16-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Some craft shops sell these plain, ready to paint:)

That would be great, but I have never seen them and am an avid crafter! Any ideas on which craft shops please, I have looked online and the bigger ones are over a tenner inc postage. Think I will have to wait for some at the boot fair as business is not too good at the moment!

cherry pink
17-10-2009, 11:28 AM
just found these ones in yellow moon http://www.yellowmoon.org.uk/src/froogle/product-7-Piece-Wooden-Russian-Dolls-D450.htm

god i hope the link works i am so carp with computer stuff and dd has gone out so cant help me lol

edited to say just tried it and it works :clapping: :clapping:

The Juggler
17-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi all
I went to Ikea in Croydon last night, especially to buy these dolls and they don't sell them (aarrggghhhh).
Would anybody be willing to buy me a set and post for which of course I would reimburse all costs.
Thanks.
Rachelle

instead of keeping going back Ikea now do order and delivery service. Might need to treat yourself to some other things to make it worth delivery charge though!

lovemyprams
19-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Love to see what you bought!

It wont allow me to open up the section as it just says error:(

It will however open the Ikea front page. Not sure if its because I havent posted enough?

Enjoy whatever you bought!!!;)

Madminder
19-10-2009, 02:09 PM
just found these ones in yellow moon http://www.yellowmoon.org.uk/src/froogle/product-7-Piece-Wooden-Russian-Dolls-D450.htm
god i hope the link works i am so carp with computer stuff and dd has gone out so cant help me lol
edited to say just tried it and it works :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks Cherry, the link worked fine but the Ikea ones were multicultural, each doll had a different countries traditional dress on. I am looking for some blank ones that the older mindies could paints like that but all the blanks I can find are too expensive!

Lovemyprams - if you scroll down to Willowdancers post on the 14th Oct she has added a photo - the link no longer works as Ikea do not sell them anymore.

Willowdancer
20-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Also, here's an idea for making your own!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/smart/makes/steps/make_series12_russian.shtml#

Discovered it just now but it could be fun to do with older mindees :)

lovemyprams
21-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Thank you Madminder!

I can actually see what was bought now.:clapping:

They do look lovely but can I justify buying more childminding toys:eek:

dobby
21-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Here is a pic of them
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/05/11/ikea_ps/source/13.htm
funnily enough my hubby bought these before i started minding. I did not even like them much but first child i minded used to love playing with them - never thought of them as a multi cultural thing until now.
Must remember to have them out next inspection:D

francinejayne
06-12-2009, 12:12 AM
I think the dolls are lovely and I was expecting them to be more than £10 with what everyone was saying about them being expensive, but I am new to this game so is that me just being inexperienced? I think £10 is reasonable?