PDA

View Full Version : Visitors

Dragonfly
12-03-2009, 07:46 PM
I dont use one and ive only been to 1 childminder in my village (about 4 of us) that uses one. What do you all think of using visitors books.:idea:

Princess Sara
12-03-2009, 07:48 PM
I think Mr Ofsted will love you for it ;)

vickie83
12-03-2009, 07:50 PM
I use one, it's no extra hassle really. Just use a cheap notebook and divide it into 4 columns. I've only had 2 visitors 9this was my first week minding) but neither of them seemed to mind being asked to sign:)

helenlc
12-03-2009, 08:08 PM
I have one and when my Ofsted inspector came last year, I got her to sign in it. She was impressed!!!

Lady Haha
12-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Hope you don't mind me tagging on here! I've been wondering about something to do with my visitors book! I never get any visitors as such when the kids are here, so it's pretty empty. But most of the parents do come in for a quick chat when they pick up. Am I supposed to be getting them to sign the visitors book?

sarah707
12-03-2009, 08:13 PM
I ask parents to sign if they look like they are about to kick off their shoes and settle in for the evening... otherwise no.

I use mine for friends who visit, Ofsted, any workmen that come during working hours etc.

singlewiththree
12-03-2009, 08:22 PM
I use mine for visitors only and I write in it the times in and out and why they have come. My sister has been in twice now and no-one else.

How often do you think someone has to be in the book before you get them CRB checked, my sister already is as she is a support worker for disabled adults and children.

Shar
12-03-2009, 08:24 PM
It's all about security, you should have a visitor book/sheet and use it if need be. Ofsted are very keen to see one in use. It was the first thing I asked the inspector to do when she arrived!!:thumbsup:

nannymcflea
12-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Nope won't be getting one of these!If I don't know who comes in my house then there's something wrong!I don't let meter readers in,they leave a card (or usually type in a false reading so we get a bill for over £1,000!).I only have workmen at weekends.:D
OFSTED never mentioned it so neither will I.
I don't think there's anything wrong with one but I shall not be partaking.

Helen79
12-03-2009, 08:48 PM
I have a visitors sheet but don't have many visitors so there's only 3 entries on it so far.

I only have 1 A4 sheet divided into 4 columns so it's no extra paperwork.

Ripeberry
12-03-2009, 08:52 PM
If our visitor book looks a bit empty we could always add a few "friends" :laughing: . I have gas deliveries to the back of the house everyfew weeks, do i have to get a signature from him if he's just in the garden :rolleyes: