PDA

View Full Version : EYFS - Personal, Social and Emotional Development

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Some of you have asked me what the EYFS learning goals are and what they mean

The statutory early learning goals (detailed below) establish expectations for most children to reach by the end of the EYFS. They provide the basis for planning throughout the EYFS, so laying secure foundations from birth for future learning.

Personal, Social and Emotional Development

Educational programme
Children must be provided with experiences and support which will help them to develop a positive sense of themselves and of others; respect for others; social skills; and a positive disposition to learn. Providers must ensure support for children's emotional well-being to help them to know themselves and what they can do.

Early learning goals

By the end of the EYFS, children should:

Continue to be interested, excited and motivated to learn.

Be confident to try new activities, initiate ideas and speak in a familiar group.

Maintain attention, concentrate, and sit quietly when appropriate.

Respond to significant experiences, showing a range of feelings when appropriate.

Have a developing awareness of their own needs, views and feelings, and be sensitive to the needs, views and feelings of others.

Have a developing respect for their own cultures and beliefs and those of other people.

Form good relationships with adults and peers.

Work as part of a group or class, taking turns and sharing fairly, understanding that there needs to be agreed values and codes of behaviour for groups of people, including adults and children, to work together harmoniously.

Understand what is right, what is wrong and why.

Consider the consequences of their words and actions for themselves and others.

Dress and undress independently and manage their own personal hygiene.

Select and use activities and resources independently.

Understand that people have different needs, views, cultures and beliefs, that need to be treated with respect.

Understand that they can expect others to treat their needs, views, cultures and beliefs with respect

miffy
04-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks Angel - there is no change here then from the foundation stage?

Miffy xx

deeb66
04-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Thank you Angel

By listing these down it should hopefully give everyone an idea of what the goals are for the EYFS and help them to understand it a little more

charleyfarley
04-02-2008, 02:23 PM
How did I miss this one

Thanks Angel

Carol xx

miffy
04-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Now I understand there's no change from the foundation stage I am happy

Thanks Angel this was a great idea to list it all down

Miffy xx

deeb66
04-02-2008, 02:26 PM