PDA

View Full Version : Comes out in the end!!!

childmind04
12-03-2009, 02:26 PM
As i psoted yesterday i have been ill with a stomach bug as have 2 mindees, as most of you will know whenever there is a stomach bug going around you usually here of it (especially from cm's) on tuesday myself and 2 other minders were at toddlers, one minder had just got a child back after having a fever the day before........can you see where this is going???? Anyway i am now on the mend as are my mindees, today my dd has came down with it along with the other minders son who was with us on tuesday through a tt day, she phoned the mum of the child who had a temp on Monday to be told 'oh it must be what R had on Monday'!!!! arrghhh

Up to now myself, 2 mindees and my dd are ill, the minders son and the other minder...........the mum had a cheek to ask if i could temp look after R as she is now feeling ill, my friend said she soon backtracked when she told her i had also caught it along with my mindees!!!

Do parents ever listen, i am now trying to think of how to word this in my next news letter to emphasis how important the 48 hours are!!!

Rant over :)

Tracey1
12-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Hiya

I total agree, what ever the mindees have I also get, parents don't seem to care when ever I get ill, as long as I keep looking after there children. I also have got fed up of this, school send children home unwell, so why is a childminder any different.

I now say to the parents that if they have stomach bug, then don;t come back for 48hrs, I also printed of a illness chart that I got of the internest which gives you all the illnesses and the time away from other people they should have. If a child is unwell in my care they have to pick them up within the hour, so it doesn't affect the other mindees.

Tracey :thumbsup:

vickie83
12-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Yuk, hope everyone feels better soon. It is "absolutely imperative to everyone's health that the 48 hour exclusion period is observed when a child has any symptoms of an upset stomach" ;)

mushpea
12-03-2009, 05:00 PM
have to agree with this cause i have been ill all day too!! luckily i dont work fridays so can fully recover for next week but its so frustrating as when i am ill i don't charge yet its generaly the mindees i pick it up from:angry:

childmind04
12-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Just rang the mum of my new mindee and he is still really poorly he is only just turned 1 :mad: gosh i wish i could phone the parent and gave her what for i am so mad with her and feel so sorry for the mindee :angry:

misst104
12-03-2009, 07:06 PM
My mum and a friend of mine have been struck down with the same sort of thing today! Must be making the rounds of the country again!!! I'm glad to hear you are on the mend :)

x