PDA

View Full Version : inspections plz help

hollyoaksmad
12-03-2009, 01:51 PM
I have not sent any of my forms of yet waiting for my doc 2 do health dec but when ofsted come bak 2 u do i need 2 have stairgates and everything in my home on the first visit cuz im worrid just say if they disagree wiv me being a childminder i would have wasted all ov my money on toys gates etc that is not even going to be used yes i could take stuff back but i would have 2 take loads back please help :)

Tracey1
12-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Hiya

is this your first inspection, there are two inspection, one is to view the home to mke sure it is safe, the other they inspect you when you have kids.

If this is your first inspection, don't worry about having all these, unless you have some, then put them out. Do a list of the items that you are going to purchase for your childminding business.

Ofsted are just interested in do you know what your will need and why, you don;t need to buy it now, do this when you start childminding.

I hope this helps Tracey

hollyoaksmad
12-03-2009, 02:22 PM
cheers yer it will be my 1st inspection so basically i can just write a list eg saying i will put a stairgate hear and safety plugs etc just gota make sure my house clean im guessin lol

Tracey1
12-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi

Just have a good tidy up. If there are things out that really shouldn't be out if you had toddlers around etc, that could harm themselfs. Yes do a list of all the items that you will be buying/need, stairgate, plug covers, pram,highchair,travel cot/cot, bedguard etc, age range of toys, garden toys Then give this to the inspector, or just chat about it.

Make sure garden is ok, that it is child friendly, no pet poo lol, make sure security of garden is good, this is one thing they look at, specially it you have a gate, make sure there is a higher lock, that children can't get out.

Hope helps

Tracey

hollyoaksmad
12-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Thank u Tracey :)