PDA

View Full Version : Trackers and Obs Records

SAN
04-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Hi, (my first post)

Can someone direct me to some decent tracker records for the EYFS please. I'm a little confused as to the best way to observe and record so that Ofsted will be pleased I'm heading in the right direction when I have my 6month inspect this month some time... All help and hints gratefully recieved!! Sarah x

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi Sarah

Nice to meet you

Come and say hello in the hello section and introuduce yourself so everyone knows who they are speaking to

You can get the tracker books here

http://www.qed.uk.com/

I would suggest that you only buy one though and use it as a guide
Ofsted do not like us using these alone because they are only really like tick sheets

They are very good though and the idea is there - just not to be used alone

I purchased one when they first came out and will use it for ideas only backed with my own records and pictures

Hope that helps

Angel xx

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Just realised you said you have your inspection soon

Then if that is the case you will be inspected on the Birth to Three and NOT the EYFS

Angel xx

SAN
04-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Oh dear! So do I only have to do the switchover come September then? It can be so confusing! Thanks for the link Angel. :)

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Once your inspection is out the way you can start doing EYFS

But your inspection will be birth to three

If you have a look round you should find lots of info about this to help you

It does seem a waste of time I agree but a lot of the Birth to Three will be used in the new EYFS jUst in a different way

If you need any help give us a shout or pm me

Angel xx

sarah707
04-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Hi Sarah and welcome! Just to re-iterate what angel has said - there's lots of help around the forum on Birth to 3 and once your inspection is over with, you'll be able to move on to EYFS.... and there's lots more help around on that too...so not long to wait! :D