PDA

View Full Version : she booked holiday now i think she wants to cancel!!

sammy
12-03-2009, 01:28 PM
its for 2 weeks, the first week i booked off myself, then she wanted to take her holiday at the same time but add another week. The thing is the second week ive made plans now as hes the only child i have in half term, so i have planned to go away for a long weekend etc, and do things with my kids.

Shall i say she will still have to take the holiday (she will still be on her annual leave so would be at home with no baby if he came to me still)

She just emailed to say that shes not going as theres some type of war at the place she was going. so when i see her in half an hour she might want me to have him instead.

I dont want him!!! i ve been waiting for this break ever since i had him, i thought she was going away for 3 weeks in jan and that was cancelled!!

huggableshelly
12-03-2009, 01:36 PM
tell her you have made plans and its too short notice for her to change arrangements with you.

LittleMissSparkles
12-03-2009, 01:38 PM
yes i agree tell her unfortunatley you now have plans for the second week and are unable to care for the lo, did she originally put her holiday dates into writing for you as notice ??? if so she hasnt realy got a leg to stand on so to speak xxx

Tracey1
12-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Hiya

I would just say that as she was going to take the two week off, one of the weeks was the same as yours, you now have decided to extend your hols, as you haven't got anyone else that week.

It is your choice when you work, you where not to know that she was going to cancel that week.

Tracey

son77
12-03-2009, 01:39 PM
tell her you have made plans and its too short notice for her to change arrangements with you.

DITTO

She booked it, its not your problem that she's decided to cancel.

RedDragon
12-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Yes, remember - it migt be difficult/embarrassing facing her but it's her change of plan, not yours and it will take 2 mins to discuss and if you stick to what you need to say think of the money you will (rightly) save.

marion123
12-03-2009, 01:59 PM
if you dont want to say it to her face reply to her email and stay your cant have him as you have made plans its her fault she has canceled her holiday not yours then let her bring it up when she see you

sarahstanbridge
12-03-2009, 02:02 PM
DITTO

She booked it, its not your problem that she's decided to cancel.

totallt agree - her problem not yours