PDA

View Full Version : What Double pushchair do you have ?

jackandjill
12-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Just wondering what double pushchair do you all have. I have spent hours looking and still dont know whats best.
I want one that going to last but not cost the earth.

Thanks

huggableshelly
12-03-2009, 09:06 AM
cant help as not ever had to invest in one

OrlandoBelle
12-03-2009, 09:13 AM
I bought a navy blue Koochi Two Stepper Twin Stroller a couple of weeks ago from the Argos Clearance warehouse for just £49.99! (RRP £199.99!) I can't really comment on it at this stage as it's been sitting in my boot evere since as I haven't needed to use it yet.

It is very sturdy tho, folds flat and came with a free rain cover. It's lovely. :clapping:

http://www.twinpushchairs.org.uk/koochi-pushchairs-stepper-twin-pushchair/

mushpea
12-03-2009, 09:38 AM
I have a graco duo sport and its fab, so easy to push even with one hand, can be folded one handed, seats come out to be washed, the only downside is it has a bar that runs around the front of the buggy which can't be removed and i had a very heavy 2yrold that was hurting my back lifting him over it, he is a big lad though so more like a 3yrold but i can't wait to get another baby so i can start using it again.
i got this off ebay for £90 incl postage and it was bran new, even had to pop the wheels on which was easy eccept for the fact the kids though it funny to run of with them:D

hatsepsovet
12-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Hiya

I've tried 4 different double puschairs and the clear winner for me is Nipper, out'n'about. It handles very very easily, it's great for town (very narrow) and for the country walks.

I bought my second hand for about £150 and it was worth every penny. Just make sure you get one with the swivel wheel at the front.

Hope this helps

sonia ann
12-03-2009, 09:42 AM
i have just had to throw out my Mclaren double buggy bought for £5 in a car boot sale 12yrs ago! I didn't want to spend a fortune and after researching prices I bought the"Century Blue Twin Stroller" from Argos.....£84 99. It's fine ,a little on the heavy side but has all the usual features. The seats are a little narrow but fine for little ones.:thumbsup:

Polly2
12-03-2009, 10:47 AM
I have 2 a graco stadium duo which I have recently bought - I love it - it fits through doors and both seats adjust (only back one lies flat) its lightweight and easy to push although not as easy as my other one which I got second hand for £20!

Its a mothercare urban detour double with big wheels so I use this one for out and about up the canal, park etc ...anywhere with space.

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_0_10751_-1__78943_10001_

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/node/n/44345031/202-8032600-7695807?ie=UTF8&mcb=core&extid=ps_ggl_Pushchairs-Brand_Brand+Urban+Detour_urbandetour

aly
12-03-2009, 12:14 PM
I've got the graco century double.
it is s bit heavy but im not bothered by it as im only taking it out and putting it in the car....its great to puch too. and cheap for £79

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?categoryParentId=3680&storeId=10052&productId=52636&callingViewName=&categoryId=5643&langId=-1&catalogId=11051

vickie83
12-03-2009, 01:06 PM
I bought a navy blue Koochi Two Stepper Twin Stroller a couple of weeks ago from the Argos Clearance warehouse for just £49.99! (RRP £199.99!) I can't really comment on it at this stage as it's been sitting in my boot evere since as I haven't needed to use it yet.

It is very sturdy tho, folds flat and came with a free rain cover. It's lovely. :clapping:

http://www.twinpushchairs.org.uk/koochi-pushchairs-stepper-twin-pushchair/

I bought that from the Argos clearance place too. My 10 month old twins are very comfy in it, it's nice and light and reclines all the way back which is a plus for me. At that price I don't even mind if it only lasts a few months :D

nannymcflea
12-03-2009, 01:12 PM
You need to try before you buy...can you take,borrow or pinch a couple of 2 year olds, load up every pushchair in the shop and see which one you can tilt back,turn and basically fold up by yourself?

if kids cannot be gotten hold of, take a couple of heavy bags of shopping,strap them in...they are so different when you load them up, you don't want to end up with a bad back.

nell57
12-03-2009, 01:25 PM
You need to try before you buy...can you take,borrow or pinch a couple of 2 year olds, load up every pushchair in the shop and see which one you can tilt back,turn and basically fold up by yourself?

if kids cannot be gotten hold of, take a couple of heavy bags of shopping,strap them in...they are so different when you load them up, you don't want to end up with a bad back.

Good advice because everyone likes different things.

I love my mamas & papas twin aria, but heard others say they dont. I dont like swivel wheels on any pushchair, some people prefer them.

Good luck finding one that suits you:thumbsup:

hectors house
12-03-2009, 01:38 PM
I bought my marco double buggy from another childminder who was giving up - so was able to road test it first - lots of other childminders in my area also had them.

It is one behind the other - but not too long on the base which makes them hard to get up steps - small one (mine from 6 months, but do one from birth) in back and older one in front. I don't like swivel wheels so lock them - had bad experience with side by side double buggy when crossing road - 3 wheels at front all went in different directions and I was going nowhere!

Quite narrow so can get through internal and external doors - child in the back can see out of the sides - not just view of front childs head.

A bit bulky trying to get in boot of car - sometimes I just fold it up and put in front footwell.

NCMA's members I think get 10% off of website - 2became4

Ask other childminders - as mums only push pushchairs for a few years - I have been pushing one for 23 years now - so make sure handles and weight are right for you - expensive if you get it wrong.

Tracey1
12-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi have a mothercare, seats at the front and back, I find this is better, in getting in and out of shop doors

Tracey

Jen4Kids
12-03-2009, 05:57 PM
I had 14 different doubles for my own youngest girls (16mths apart) :laughing:

They are now 3 and 4 so dont have one anymore, but i decided to get an Instep Nipper Twin with fixed wheel, I got one second hand from ebay about two weeks ago, had both matching footmuffs, raincover and shade-a-babe for £50 :thumbsup:

Not quite registered yet but been using it to take my 3yr old and my 17mth neice to toddlers on a thursday :)

wellybelly
12-03-2009, 06:00 PM
The mamas and papas Aria one, its brilliant, very light - I can lift it with one hand and put it up.

louise
12-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Ive got a mclarean and its great. Im looking to swap for a one infront of the other though. This is only as i have narrow streets to get to school and in sept will have 2 in buggy and 2 walking. Im on the look out on ebay when i know for sure what i want.

claireLouise
12-03-2009, 06:31 PM
I have a Nipper Out and About and it is great. You can go anwhere a wheelchair can asthat is the same wiidth. So as most public buildings must have wheelchair access is makes getting in and out of places easy.

Claire

~Chelle~
12-03-2009, 06:44 PM
I have a Graco Stadium Duo, it is great. Even better was the price, it was FREE:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I got it from www.freecycle.org. It had only been used a few times so was basicaly brand new.

I had brought one from Ebay which cost me over £40.00 and it broke 2 months later!! Beware when buying 2nd hand buggies from Ebay cos you cant get your money back!.

jackandjill
12-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Hi, thanks for all your replies very interesting. Well im going to the local kiddicare tomorrow to have a look around see what i like.

Thanks again.

Sarah

Pudding Girl
12-03-2009, 10:06 PM
I have used a Nipper 360 FAB! but wouldn't fit through my door - that was my mindees own buggy I nicked to try, loved it, and v light and comfy but as I said too wide for my needs.

I then bought a Little Shield Meribel Twin which I adored too.

Then I now have a Phil and Teds and apart from lack of storage it's perfect :thumbsup: as I walk everywhere..

However!

I am learning to drive and I can't easily fold it up, so after having bought the single baby jogger city mini (BJCM), when I pass my test I will be purchasing a twin BJCM. So will be selling my P&T ;)

Helen79
12-03-2009, 11:17 PM
I've got a M&P twin aria which was lovely to push & light but doesn't fit through my front gate or through my front door so I had to buy a mothercare phoenix which I hate. It's so heavy & I have to jump to get it up a kerb. Feels like I'm driving a bus :rolleyes:
I'm hoping to get a Phil & Teds as it's much lighter & easier to push but am worried about where to put shopping & nappy bags.

PixiePetal
12-03-2009, 11:55 PM
I got a Jane Twin Two from ebay. Comfy and bulky but good to push. Don't drive and putting in a car would be a nightmare for those who do.Cost a fair bit but got 2 cosy toes, changing bag and car seat with it that clips on.

Would have liked an Out and About side by side but won't fit in my front door.:(

buildingblocks
14-03-2009, 08:51 AM
I have got two but don't drive so don't have to worry too much about how they fit into car boots.

I own a cossatto side by side which I love only cons are the hoods which are a pain but other than that briliant.

I also own a Sky Marco. I am so glad i didn't pay full price for it though. It is very heavy to push and manoeuvre and yesterday I had 5mth baby iin back 18 mth in front (very large child) and a 2 yr old walking. What a nightmare trying to push across the road and hold little ones hand. Never again alhtough I will have to lol. Shopping basket non existant. The pro for it and (the only one I can see for it) the reason I bought it for £30 of a parent (practically brand new) is that I can get in and out of the local shop doorways where Only one of them is an automatic door and wide enough to have fitted a side by side into

jeanybeany
14-03-2009, 04:05 PM
I have a phil and teds sport, which I think is fab. I like the fact that you can also use it as a single pushchair, so I change it reguarly to suit the no of children I have. It's extremely light to push and easy to push one handed. It also fits in my car with all 7 seats up although you do have to take the wheels off!

A bit pricey but saves having lots of different pushchairs lying around and I'm hoping it will last me for years. Can be gotten cheaper off internet if you look around or a secondhand one may be cheaper.

Allie
14-03-2009, 04:11 PM
I have a cosatto (I think thats the spelling) it was the only one that would fit between the front a middle row of seats in my Discovery. It was about £150 but is a strongly made recliner with fabric hoods, rain cover and cosy toes

Allie