PDA

View Full Version : So confused... again!

mum2two
04-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Over the weekend, I thought I'd sit down & start planning. After Feb half term, I'm taking on a new mindee, so this is when I'll start from. Gives me a couple of weeks to get organised.

I've decided I'm going to do fornightly topics. First one being spring, End feb/begin March. So sat down, and thought of loads of activities, nursery rhymes relating to spring, particular stories etc, and then started trying to work out which areas they will relate too.... It took me ages.

Am I being thick. I don't seem to be able to 'click' easily as to which areas a particular topis will cover.

For example - Planting Seeds I have as PS,R,N - Counting out seeds, looking at the shapes. KUW - How plants grow, taking care of them. CD - Shapes & Colours. What coulor we think plants will be, how dirt feels, dry & wet. PSE - Growing lettuce, Toms, corgettes (grew these last year & quite easy! :p ) good for you. Keeps you healty. PD - Again, heathly eating.

Is this right...? If it is along the right lines, I guess it'll get easier the more I do it. What I then plan to do, is have a folder for each child, and take pictures of them doing things. Put a picture on a page, the detail, which parts of the EYFS they are relating to. Like say I have a 2yr old & 4yr old counting the seeds. I could put on 2yr olds, repeated numbers with me when counting, and for the 4yr olds, say could count to 4 by themselves.

Then have a folder for myself with copies of what's in the childs folders, to show ofsted or prospective parents what I do. Evidence of activites & obs.

Sorry about the long post, but just need to clarify I'm going about things in the right way.

Arrrggghhh - just so much work!!! :panic:

Thanks for any advice.

Kelly x

Blaze
04-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Sorry i have yet to start with the EYFS...best wait for SarahNev to answer!
Tasha:)

sarah707
04-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Kelly, that sounds great! :D

Fun for the children, activities they will enjoy, differentiated to their ages and developmental levels, planned really well and you even know what obs you're looking for and how you're going to evidence them!

One of the big things about EYFS is that the 6 areas of learning and development cannot be taught in isolation - they are interlinked just like you've shown there...

The other thing will be to watch out for spontaneous learning - you can't write it all down! If a child spots a snowdrop when they're collecting the soil or a spiders web, be ready to go with that and maybe do your stuff later or even another day... that's what child-led learning is all about. Write that down as a lovely obs instead!

It will get easier to put it all together as you use the stuff more... but what you have done there is fab! :D

mum2two
04-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks Sarah. At least I know I am going along the right route, and not wasting time doind stuff which is all wrong!

Like I said, I'm sure it will get easier the more I do it, as I will be learning it all as I go along... Quite good to be starting now though, before it's actually implemented, as by Sept I should know what I'm doing. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Kelly x

angeldelight
04-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Some lovely ideas there Kelly well done

Angel xxx

Did you receive the emails from me you never said ?

x

mum2two
04-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Angel, I received the pm, which I'm sure I replied too. Not received any e-mails...

Kelly x

deeb66
04-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Great ideas there Kelly

well done