PDA

View Full Version : meal planning

Helen79
11-03-2009, 10:35 PM
I only have 1 mindee here for lunch everyday, we don't have a cooked meal he has whatever we're having like sandwiches/crackers, fruit & yoghurt. Obviously it varies from day to day but I don't plan meals, I just make sure I buy enough for the week in my weekly shop.

Will ofsted want to see me planing meals, even if it's just writing what sandwich fillings we're having & what fruit etc or am I creating paperwork that I don't need by doing that.

Chatterbox Childcare
11-03-2009, 11:13 PM
They will want to see that your offer a choice. I have a sample menu based on a week and it says a choice of sandwiches.

Annie_T
12-03-2009, 12:14 AM
netmums has a blank meal planner if of any use to you hun x

Mrs M
12-03-2009, 08:25 AM
I used to do a full menu each week but found it didn't work for us. I let the children choose their breakfast from the selection of cereals I have in and they also choose their lunch (cheese on toast, beans on toast, sandwiches (choice of fillings)). This works better for us. On my weekly plan, in the food section, I write down the evening meal the children will be having and then note that breakfast and lunch are children's choice.

vickie83
12-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Why not do a 1 week "sample" menu and just write on a typical weeks meals. Ofsted will see that you're offering a healthy balanced diet from that but you don't have to stick to it religiously ;)

louloudi
12-03-2009, 06:00 PM
I tend to decide what snack we are having... I ask children what they want to eat for that week and I put out one option.

am i supposed to be offering a choice of various snacks then at snack time???IF SO I'm going to have to get more food in!!!