PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody do a learning journey if they only do a school drop off?

Willowdancer
11-03-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm getting a little nervous about whether Ofsted are going to phone me to say they're deferring my inspection because I only have the one child who I drop off at 9am in the mornings. I spend the grand total of one hour a day with him (most of which is in the car) and collect him on one afternoon a week (but even that's an immediate handover to his mum when we arrive back in town after a 30 minute car ride which he spends asleep.)

I've been working like a trojan trying to finalise all my paperwork and make sure it tallies with the EYFS just in case they do decide they're going to arrive, but apart from showing them I've done everything they asked me to at my pre-reg inspection and all my documentation, what else can I do to show them that I'm not actually a crap childminder???

huggableshelly
11-03-2009, 07:54 PM
i dont for mine but he is now 6 so I got away without doing eyfs on him.

you could still do it by talking about colours count how many bus stops you pass, make notes that he can count and knows his colours, nursery rhymes/songs whilst travelling

its not easy but worth just jotting down so atleast ofsted can see you are aware of his development in some areas but also note the short time he is with you too and what happens in that time .. car journey.

The Juggler
15-03-2009, 02:14 PM
My inspector wasn't interested in either my nursery age child or my reception age child only the babies.

Nx

amirose
17-03-2009, 09:15 AM
My friend has an inspection very recently and she said pretty much as above, inspector wasn't interested in her rising fives just her under fives

susi513
19-03-2009, 07:06 AM
I have been doing one for my reception class mindee. Who is only booked in for before school, always arrives late, often with breakfast still to finish. So he's lucky if he gets 10 mins to play. So I thought the Inspector would be impressed with my efforts, but she couldn't have cared less.

She did say it was "good practice", so it was a disappointment when she then gave me a satisfactory for Learning and Development.

Roseolivia
19-03-2009, 07:53 AM
My thursday mindee is here from 7.30-9am then 3pm-5.30. She's 3 and i do a diary for her with photos and obs as she's still in the EYFS age range.