PDA

View Full Version : Advice please..

mum2two
11-03-2009, 03:13 PM
I have a 14 month old. He's happily playing, but small dark spots have appeared under his eye.

Done all the checks with him, and he seems fine - eating, playing etc. I'm not aware that he has banged himself at all, and they don't go anywhere.

I have called mum, as I hate rashes/spots of any kind and tend to panic!

Mum's in a meeting, but is coming home as soon as she's finished, and will take him to docs.

Have I done the right thing - as lo seems absoloutley fine!! I don't want mum thinking I'm useless, and calling her for nothing if she gets here & docs say it's nothing...

I'm such a worrier with rashes - most other things I can cope with!!!

amirose
11-03-2009, 03:18 PM
I f you were worried then you did the right thing. Better than what ifs right?
Hopefully the mum appreciates your looking out for her little one - who is the most precious thing in her life :thumbsup:
I hope he is OK please keep us updated

sarah707
11-03-2009, 03:51 PM
I always inform parents if anything seems wrong.

Hope he's ok!

mum2two
11-03-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm glad others would have called. I just don't want mum thinking I've called her out of work for nothing.

Then you know what it's like, I keep looking at it wondering if there's anything he might have banged his face on & I didn't see. Then I think - god how bad does that make me look!

It was just me & him this morning, and he had his lunch, and was down for a nap before the older ones got in from playgroup. It appeared after he woke up.

There is nothing he could have banged it on. He has no toys, dummy, bottle in the cot.

Arrrggghhh I hate marks 'appearing' on other peoples children!!

mum2two
11-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Mum's just called back. She asked how he was - and I told her absolutley fine in himself.

She said she'll leave it & collect at normal time, as he sometimes gets viral rashes anyway, that come & go, and as he's well in himself, she's not overly concerned about it.

I explained I'm paranoid about rashes, as my little brother has had them, & been pased about, and my mum's always made me worry now, and I didn't want it to get to collection at 5.30 & her arrive for me to say he's had this rash since 2.30pm!!

She was fine, and said it was better to call her, as he's not my child, so better to be cautious!

I'm just glad she doesn't think I'm a paranoid woman!!

xx

misst104
11-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Glad it got sorted with mum. I think I woul;d have done exactly the same as you did. You can't be too careful with rashes like you say (especially on someone else's child!!). Hope the rash isn't getting any worse and mindee still o.k

x

katickles
11-03-2009, 04:33 PM
I think you absolutly did the right thing, have to say I'm suprised mum isn't collecting though, I would be there like a shot

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/28/2854/285470.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

nannymcflea
11-03-2009, 06:03 PM
I think you made the right decision. By telling her you gave her the option to collect, to make a doctors appointment or to ask you to keep her posted, she was also forewarned if she needed to collect in an emergency.

jibberjitz
11-03-2009, 08:36 PM
I would have done exactly the same as you as I dont like rashes of any kind either :(

vickie83
11-03-2009, 09:18 PM
As long as LO seemed fine in himself I think informing mum and giving her the option to collect or not is exactly what I would have done. Hope he's better tomorrow X