PDA

View Full Version : Mrs Ofsted

uf353432
11-03-2009, 09:27 AM
is late.......:panic:

Chatterbox Childcare
11-03-2009, 09:28 AM
They are like trains - never on time and then loads come at once.

She will be there, eventually

Hope all goes well

angeldelight
11-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Hope she arrives soon

Good luck

Angel xx

Adiamond
11-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Hope she has arrived :)
good luck :) let us know how you get on x x x

uf353432
11-03-2009, 08:44 PM
well she finally came, she saw and then went just in the nick of time so I could scoot and pick up my daughter from school!

I can't help feeling a bit deflated from the whole experience. I put mucho effort in preparing for the event, parents pack, policys, website, lots of lovely resources in a lovely play room, knew my EYFS inside out and this lady was completely non plussed by it all - almost like I had barely hit a 'standard'.

any hoo I have been approved for full numbers so clearly I did something right.....

can't help feeling like Ofsted will constantly be a disapproving parent - who is never happy no matter how much effort you make. ho hum! I know thats not the spirit......but.....I worked so hard :(

I did chat to a couple of childminders at a toddler group this afternoon who I have known for years and when I said who inspected me - they did say oh bad luck! she's a tough cookie! groan.

I have a couple of actions - 1 is first aid - which is in hand as I am doing the course at the moment. The other is making the garden safe and secure - which I have 4 weeks to do it in. Lets hope I have a break in the weather oh and a lottery win to do all the things I saw her pursing her lips at! :laughing:

Lets just hope future inspections are a walk in the park after this one - I even baked bread this morning to make the house smell yummy! ;)

sarah707
11-03-2009, 09:03 PM
can't help feeling like Ofsted will constantly be a disapproving parent - who is never happy no matter how much effort you make. ho hum! I know thats not the spirit......but.....I worked so hard :(

Well you've worked that one out nice and early on in your new career.

The rest should be a breeze! Well done today :D

uf353432
11-03-2009, 09:06 PM
thanks Sarah! :D

brillminder
11-03-2009, 09:07 PM
well done for surving do not let it put you off

Zoomie
11-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Well done, though ... you still did a good job !

BTW do you mind saying what is wrong / needs doing in your garden.

Mine seems to be a working construction site. :o Still have the fence to sort out, and little bits of the patio to finish off and hopefully the grass hasn't been permantely killed off :blush:

uf353432
11-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Well.....

I have to fence around the greenhouse, apparently putting huge great big planters around the perimeter doing the same job for free is not good enough, and I must pay to have a fence and gate installed.

I have to install a gate to prevent the children acessing the front of the house which was on my to do list anyway.

I have to install another gate to stop children accessing a fence that runs along the a small bit of garden that has barbed wire on it (not my barbed wire, and its actually to stop goats coming into the garden)

I have to install another gate to stop children accessing a low level window that belongs to my neighbour which I cannot touch, so have to make inaccessible.

and then just general removal of several small dumping grounds which are in trasnsition to the local dump.

in a couple of weeks we are also having installed a 6m by 3m decking area which will be my outside/inside room for the kids. God hope I get some kids to use it!

Zoomie
13-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Hmmmmmm, sounds like lots of stuff (and lots of money).

Good luck.

Shall see what my inspector has to say, I submitted my application today :cool:

Chanelle
13-03-2009, 05:27 PM
I was very lucky that I had a lovely Inspector ... Just remember it is unlikely you will have her for your 6-7 month check :)

miffy
13-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Well.....

I have to fence around the greenhouse, apparently putting huge great big planters around the perimeter doing the same job for free is not good enough, and I must pay to have a fence and gate installed.

I have to install a gate to prevent the children acessing the front of the house which was on my to do list anyway.

I have to install another gate to stop children accessing a fence that runs along the a small bit of garden that has barbed wire on it (not my barbed wire, and its actually to stop goats coming into the garden)

I have to install another gate to stop children accessing a low level window that belongs to my neighbour which I cannot touch, so have to make inaccessible.

and then just general removal of several small dumping grounds which are in trasnsition to the local dump.

in a couple of weeks we are also having installed a 6m by 3m decking area which will be my outside/inside room for the kids. God hope I get some kids to use it!

Clearly your inspector likes gates and fences :D

At least you got through it - well done :thumbsup:

Miffy xx