PDA

View Full Version : child protection ...

tulip0803
10-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Bearing in mind that I am in Wales and don't do EYFS but someone might know the answer any way.

I went on training on Saturday with the next door council (I live on the border and can join both's training:D ) they gave me the huge new child protection folder (it wasn't child protection training tho). The first sheet is from that council detailing their social services duty desk numbers which are different from my county's. The thought occured to me that as I live on the border would I ring the county the child lived in or my own duty desk, where it would then have to be passed on. I have child protection renewal training next week so can ask then, but I am impatient and have been mulling it over since Saturday. Spoke to another minder and it had never occurred to her either so she is going to ask on her child protection course (different one from mine). Logically it seems sensible to ring the county that the child lives in but I had never thought about it before.

manjay
10-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Bearing in mind that I am in Wales and don't do EYFS but someone might know the answer any way.

I went on training on Saturday with the next door council (I live on the border and can join both's training:D ) they gave me the huge new child protection folder (it wasn't child protection training tho). The first sheet is from that council detailing their social services duty desk numbers which are different from my county's. The thought occured to me that as I live on the border would I ring the county the child lived in or my own duty desk, where it would then have to be passed on. I have child protection renewal training next week so can ask then, but I am impatient and have been mulling it over since Saturday. Spoke to another minder and it had never occurred to her either so she is going to ask on her child protection course (different one from mine). Logically it seems sensible to ring the county that the child lives in but I had never thought about it before.

Have you been lucky enough to get a copy of the All Wales Child Protection Procedures??????:laughing:

Not really sure of the answer as it wouldn't be applicable to me but I would think it woud be the county the child lives in! Not sure sorry

tulip0803
10-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Have you been lucky enough to get a copy of the All Wales Child Protection Procedures??????:laughing:

Not really sure of the answer as it wouldn't be applicable to me but I would think it woud be the county the child lives in! Not sure sorry

Not from my county!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing: From the one next door. I have read it from cover to cover:rolleyes: .

My friend is still waiting hopefully she will get it at her child protection.

I think that logically.

manjay
10-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Not from my county!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing: From the one next door. I have read it from cover to cover:rolleyes: .

My friend is still waiting hopefully she will get it at her child protection.

I think that logically.

You don't get one in our county!!!! I managed to snaffle one off the manager of the childrens centre where I do my volunteer work:rolleyes:

tulip0803
10-03-2009, 10:01 PM
You don't get one in our county!!!! I managed to snaffle one off the manager of the childrens centre where I do my volunteer work:rolleyes:

:laughing: :laughing:

We have been told that we HAVE to have access to a copy for our next inspections. Can be on disc but not on internet:rolleyes: .

They looked at me when they were giving them out and said "can't give you one as you are Carmarthenshire.". Then came back 5 mins later and said "Here you go."! Didn't complain:)