PDA

View Full Version : Views on Ford Galaxy please!!

Jules27
10-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Really am going to have to get a people carrier at some point or else will end up turning business away. Liked the Zafira originally but boot too small for my double buggy once boot seats are up. Have seen a lot of GAlaxys about on the road lately - become obsessed with looking out for 6+ seater!!! Anyone have one? Any feedback please? won't be changing car just yet, just looking for opinions!! Thanks!!:D

squiggle
10-03-2009, 09:32 PM
i have a seat alhambra (same shape as a galaxy) and it has been fab. lovely to drive and very spacious even with all the seats up. can fit pushchair and supplies in the boot too

xx

tulip0803
10-03-2009, 09:34 PM
I have a Galaxy - though not the new one and like it. I can get my double in. I can take seats out (not that I need to to fit the double in:blush: re-read and didn't make sense). The children call it the "bus" and fight over the back seats. They are proper seats at the back so are comfy for adults too:D . The children like the "picnic tables" on the back of the seats.

My DH is so impressed that he wants to get one too apparantly his reason is it is as a "back-up for childminding.":rolleyes: . He is always fussy about his cars and he was always a bit down on Galaxies before we got mine

manjay
10-03-2009, 09:37 PM
I have a fairly new Galaxy and I love it. We had to go for an all singing one so it didn't ruin hubbies street cred too much:laughing: but he loves it too. Not massive amounts of boot space but I only use it full on school runs so then don't need any luggage. If we go out for a day I take out one of the seats. Oh and the children absolutely love the built in DVD player:rolleyes:

tinkerbelle
11-03-2009, 07:34 AM
i had the old shape galaxy it was fab really spacious full seats etc we swapped recently to a renault espace (sold to us as grand espace) its horrible the rear seat (in the boot ) the belt clip is right next to the wall making it really hard for kids and me to get the seat belt clip in only way to resolve according to renault is to buy their own brand car seats £150 each :eek: id rather sell the car boot space is tiny when seats are up i would never have another one it is rubbish

sarah32
11-03-2009, 07:58 AM
I have a galaxy and love it, I can get a side by side double in the back or when I only have 3 children I put the back two seats down and put buggys on top of seats.

I did think it was quite expensive when I bought it, there is other makes that are around that are cheaper but I like Fords.

Jules12Wed
11-03-2009, 08:20 AM
I had a galaxy for years, loved it. Only swapped cos I wanted something with sliding doors so I didn't have to worry about kids opening doors and hitting other cars. The older model mine was a P reg I think have more room in the back to let children squeeze between rear seats whereas my friend has a new one and the only way to get kids into the far rear seats is via lifting the middle seats which is difficult if you have the baby seats strapped in to those.

Mrs M
11-03-2009, 09:11 AM
I have an old T reg Galaxy and absolutely love it. It's automatic as well which makes me lazy! I have taken one seat out of the back as I only needed six seats and now I fit a double buggy and two singles in there. I also have a triple buggy which has a large chassis and three removable seats and this fits in well with one seat removed. However, as previously mentioned, instead of removing seats you can just put them down which is dead easy. It feels safe. It's very juicy though and the tyres cost a lot.

mushpea
11-03-2009, 09:11 AM
sorry to but in on your thread but we too are thinking of a 7 seater and so could i ask what the insurance and tax is like on the galaxy, I know the zafira is actualy lower than my vauxhall estate for insurance but not so good on the tax

twinkle3005
11-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Hi. I've got a Galaxy and love it. The boot's not that big but I can get my side by side double buggy in and if I don't need the back seats I just fold them down and there's laods of room. The kids think it's a little bus and call me Edie McCredie from Balamory, they love it too.

Chatterbox Childcare
11-03-2009, 09:36 AM
I am only 5ft 2" and found the galaxy very hard to get in and out of, especially when putting the children in.

I have an 8 seater Toyota Previa and it isn't quite so high. Heavy on petrol and insurance though

singlewiththree
11-03-2009, 11:11 AM
I am only 5ft 2" and found the galaxy very hard to get in and out of, especially when putting the children in.

I have an 8 seater Toyota Previa and it isn't quite so high. Heavy on petrol and insurance though

I'm 5ft 2 as well and my ex has a sharan - vertually the same as Galaxy and I can't get the seat far enough forward to reach the pedals properly.

I want a sliding door Kia Sedona :) we can all dream I currently have a peugeot 306

SmartKids
11-03-2009, 11:12 AM
I have had my galaxy for 5 years now and love it. I have been looking at replacing it with a newer model. The boot isn't that big - it doesn't fit my 3 wheel double buggy in but it does fit others in. It's great because you can also fit 3 5 point harness carseats across the middle row. If you go to go compare.com you can get a quote for insurance.

Mrs M
11-03-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm 5' 4" and find the Galaxy fine. Insurance wasn't any more expensive than for my Renault Megane which was a 1.4l. Doesn't make sense really. But we were shocked at how quickly the fuel goes down.

Zoemum2four
11-03-2009, 01:34 PM
I've got a Zafia and love it...so much so my hubby and i have been looking at the new ones...... I can also fit my side by side twin buggy in my boot with all my seats up (at a Squeeze) but have to say i dont think the galaxy has much more of a boot when all it seats are up either......and the bags that i need in the foot wells or under the middle seats.......

Ive also heard that the galaxy is abit of a petrol eater.......We have found the zafia to be pretty good on petrol especially for only being a 1.6 and it's very good on insurance....

Shar
11-03-2009, 02:05 PM
I must agree with Zoe, I also have a Zafira. I can fit my side by side twin buggy in the boot with all seats up, 1.6 very economical on petrol, cheap insurance and tax. Going to get a new one soon and pass mine on to DH. Offered it to my 18 year old son but he said it would ruin his street cred!! :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
11-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I want a sliding door Kia Sedona :) we can all dream I currently have a peugeot 306[/QUOTE]

Ooooh I want one of those too!!! Just need my numbers on the lottery to come up first!!!!:angry:

Mummits
11-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Wow! I HAVE a Kia Sedona. No-one has ever called it a dream car before! This has really cheered me up!

nikim
11-03-2009, 10:14 PM
i have a new shape zafira and love it we had the old shape one before that and loved that to, i know people say there is no boot when all the seats are up but we manage i can get the buggy in and everything else i need for a day out and to be honest i only need a 7 seater for work so i make do with the small boot, at weekends with just the 4 of us its more than adequate , if money were no object though would definatley go for chrysler grand voyager my friend has an all singing all dancing brand new one and its lush with loads of room :clapping:

hatsepsovet
12-03-2009, 09:45 AM
I've had my Galaxy for over a year now and it's totally fabulous. As mentioned in previous posts, I can get a double buggy in with all the seats up plus the shopping. It's a dream to drive and I find it quite economical (diesel). Highly recommend this car.

Jules27
12-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks for all the replys ladies, is definatly a contender now for when I can change cars! :D

helenlc
12-03-2009, 08:07 PM
I love my Galaxy!! Today, on the way to school, I had in it:

One adult - me!!

5 children - 2 mine, 3 mindees aged 3 and under (all in car seats)

2 pushchairs - one double, one single

3 school bags, 2 change bags, 1 handbag

1 BMX (son doing Cycling Proficiency at school)

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

We looked a right sight all piling out when we got to the school!!! But we all fitted comfortbly - although son stuck in back with his BMX might beg to differ!!!:laughing: