PDA

View Full Version : Help asap please!!!!!

emmadines
10-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Right I have a mindee and her sister, Im registered overnight. the dad asked me to have the kids while he sorted out a problem with mum.

the argument have got very heated and he has been arrested cant say y.

anyway mum has asked me not to allow dad to collect the children.

dads name is on the contract put there by mum. but no sig from dad, what do I do?? shes asked me to keep them over night which im fine with but where do I stand with regards to this. should I get her to put this in writing, shes popping by with tiger (mindees teddy):panic:

~Chelle~
10-03-2009, 09:31 PM
This is very tricky as you cannot legally stop him from collecting the children as they are his children and there is no court order to say that they are part of any custody proceedings.

You need to tell mum that whilst you sympathise, you cannot stop the dad from collecting the children if he so wishes to do. All you can do is advise her if dad arrives to collect the children and allow them to sort it out between themselves. You need to let her know that you have only the childrens best interests at heart and that you cannot get stuck in the middle of their domestic dispute.

I would check the situation from the NCMA to see where you stand.

Hope this helps.

sarah707
10-03-2009, 09:37 PM
The local safeguarding children board are supposed to be there for problems like this.

If dad has been arrested it is a safeguarding issue if he turns up to collect the children.

I would contact them or social care and ask advice as they should be 24 hour.

Ncma won't be around til morning and I think you need an answer quicker than that.

Hope it's all ok xx

emmadines
10-03-2009, 09:55 PM
The local safeguarding children board are supposed to be there for problems like this.

If dad has been arrested it is a safeguarding issue if he turns up to collect the children.

I would contact them or social care and ask advice as they should be 24 hour.

Ncma won't be around til morning and I think you need an answer quicker than that.

Hope it's all ok xx

whats their 24 hour number??

sarah707
10-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Sorry hun it's local to you... you'll have to look it up.

It should be on your safeguarding policy!

rickysmiths
10-03-2009, 10:14 PM
It should be in your safeguarding leaflet issued by your local authority. If you can't find it is there a local cm friend you could call that may have it? Failing that you need to phone the local police explain the situation to them and they should be able to help.

emmadines
10-03-2009, 10:23 PM
i will look for it, in the mean time shes written me a letter stating shes to collect only,

i dont know if it makes any difference but they are not married and other then being named on the contract as dad, hasnt signed it????