PDA

View Full Version : Would she need to register?

butterfly
10-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Please can someone answer a question from my friend for me?

if she intends to look after a child for one hour before school and one hour after for 3 days a week does she need to register?

i said yes i think so.

Also she wants to know exactly what ofsted would be looking for to see that she is meeting the needs of the eyfs for this child.

i suggested just writing down her daily routine eg having breakfast together, putting own coat and shoes on, walking to school, walking home from school, eating snack together and link those things to the eyfs. what would she have to keep in terms of observations?

butterfly
10-03-2009, 08:21 PM
i've just checked the ofsted and yes she needs to register if she cares for him over 2 hours.

still not sure about the eyfs though?

sarah707
10-03-2009, 08:28 PM
If a child is within the Eyfs (up to the end of reception year at school) then you need to prove you are working to all the requirements just like every other childminder... risk assessments, medication forms, policies and procedures, permissions, contracts etc etc.

With that paperwork in place the ongoing stuff is mostly showing how you complement the care the child is getting elsewhere. So working in partnership with the other setting and parents, writing a potted history of the chid's time with you and linking it to the eyfs. Yes like you say a routine is probably the way to go for most of this, plus the odd photo observation.

Hth :D

Twinkles
10-03-2009, 08:31 PM
I thought you could mind for two hours per day without registering ?

butterfly
10-03-2009, 08:47 PM
I thought you could mind for two hours per day without registering ?

yes you can but the chances are she will be just over the two hours.

Jules27
10-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Is she going to be looking at more children though? Coz its a lot to go through just for one child , would it be financially worth it for her if its just one child for very few hours?

Just my own opinion!!:)

butterfly
11-03-2009, 05:26 PM
she's going to have siblings - one all day and one before and after school. she was just looking at options. they may be several reasons why she won't get registered so she's just looking at all options. don't ask - it's a long story!! all i'm doing is finding out the rules!

Ripeberry
11-03-2009, 07:30 PM
So am i breaking the law then? My daughter has regular play-dates with her friend and they are just under 2hrs long. I'm doing this as a personal thing not as a childminder per say.
So if lets say the pre-school closed and the mum could not get away from work then if i looked after this child for more than 3hrs then would i need a contract even though i'm NOT asking for any money? Would i need to have all the permission forms in place just to have her over as a playdate?
Can anyone tell me how i stand with this kind of thing?

misst104
11-03-2009, 07:36 PM
As far as I understand it you would not need to be registered for a playdate of more than 2 hours if you are not taking any payment of any kind (be it money, flowers, chooccies etc) but if you had mindees present then the child would have to be included in your numbers IYSWIM. Hope that is right. Am sure someone will correct me if not!

x

Ripeberry
11-03-2009, 09:40 PM
I don't have ANY mindees at present so she can carry on having her playdates then :)

Chatterbox Childcare
11-03-2009, 11:18 PM
I would clarify this with Ofsted but my understanding is that if she is looking after anyone for less than 2 hours AT A TIME then she is a babysitter. As your friend is looking for 2 x 1 hour slots then both are less than 2 hours continuously and I would say no registration required.