PDA

View Full Version : yukky question but would you rinse out..

sammy
10-03-2009, 06:43 PM
pooh from plastic pants and clothing, the thing is my mindee has really bad leaking nappies, so i thought getting plastic pants over the top would contain it, it doesnt so normally it goes all the way down hes trouser leg on his socks, vest etc - it has dripped out his trousers a few times as he has sooo much!!

Anyway i did clean it out in the beginning, but now after cleaning him and getting him dressed all over again - i think that is enough pooh to deal with so now i put his clothes in a plastic bag for her to deal with!! Honestly its that bad he could do with having a bath afterwards!! I go through soo many wipes too, he can do up to 3 to 4 poohs a day and will leak all the way through at least once or twice - normally when we are out and about.

Anyway when i tell the mum hes dirty clothes are in the bag she gives me a disapproved look and says phew!! Also it has been better when changing his nappys to a smaller size, but she uses pullups and if he does a poop in there first thing in the morning it ALWAYS leaks when he gets to me!!

what would you do?

berkschick
10-03-2009, 06:47 PM
If any of mine leak out, I bag the soiled clothes up in a bag and send them home. I dont rinse them. I have 3 or 4 aged 2 and under everyday and dont have time! I would rinse them in the sink and then have to bleech the sink afterwards.

Alibali
10-03-2009, 06:48 PM
I'd send home any poo mess too! Quote health and safety!! 'I have risk assessed the situation, and feel that to reduce the risk of bacteria being spread to other mindees the safest thing to do is bag up th poo as soon as possible!!'

Twinkles
10-03-2009, 06:49 PM
It's her choice to use pullups so her job to clean up the mess. I would send the clothes and plastic pants home.

Have you asked her to use nappies and explained why ?

When it comes to potty training ( I know that's not your issue right now ) I always say to parents do you want me to bag up any pooey pants or shall I bin them ? They usually choose to bin them.

sarah707
10-03-2009, 06:53 PM
I used to clean them then one day I stood there wondering what on earth I was doing... for goodness sake there were children unattended while I was scraping poo down the toilet and rinsing trousers and pants and sterilising my sink and my gloves stank however much I washed them so I always ended up replacing them. Then I had to wash my apron and always felt dirty afterwards.

I stopped doing it and sent them home from that day onwards. :cool:

aly
10-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Nurseries will bag up too.
Send them home :thumbsup:

Allie
10-03-2009, 06:55 PM
I would also talk to mum about the child is he/she getting to much fruit? some parents think the advise of five pieces of fruit/veg means the same amount for children and adults and some little tummies can't cope

Allie

Daftbat
10-03-2009, 06:59 PM
I normally rinse out whilst we are in the bathroom sorting out the child too. I have gloves, bleach etc to hand so i don't find it a problem. I have so much washing from my family i tend to throw the clothes in the washer too if i am doing a load. Haven't really given it much thought except that i don't like pooh bags hanging around especially now i have a dog and his sense of smell is amazing. If i put them in the garage i am sure i would forget to send them home with parent!

sammy
10-03-2009, 07:36 PM
I dont think its too much fruit, the main thing could be too much milk - although she says he doesnt have that much-he only has 5 ounces and thats from 8-7pm, but then she has spicy food as she is asian - this could be a factor-as it is quite explosive hes 13 months now so surely it should settle down a bit.

I have told her that size 4 nappies are best for the leaks, i supply the nappies. But she told me to use 4+ which were massive, and as i had too many dirty leaky nappies i said ive finally come to a decision and think hes nappies are too big - it is a bit better now, but still bad.

As for pull ups - he wont lay down for her - she loves chasing him and giving in to him!! he doesnt move a muscle for me!! I do say those size 4 nappies and pants do help a bit,

Ripeberry
10-03-2009, 07:42 PM
I would be a wuss and put it in the washing machine on cold rinse with a dose of milton or nappy sanitiser!

uf353432
10-03-2009, 07:43 PM
you thought about getting something like a motherease air flow wrap? they have poppy fasteners and you can put over the top of his nappy. I personally use reusables and this wrap contains almost everything. Might be worth a go, saves you some time and effort on a day?

rickysmiths
10-03-2009, 07:49 PM
For this reason I refuse to use pull ups and ask the parents to provide nappies when the child is in my care.

I just do not understand why anyone uses them for a child that is not using the toilet and therefore needs to pull them up and down. They are a pain. :eek: :eek:

If a child does leak and it does happen sometimes, I bag up and send the clothes home.

I couldn't bleech anything because I don't have bleech in the house.

helenlc
10-03-2009, 07:56 PM
My almost 3 yr old mindee has loose poos because he is on iron tablets. He is in pull ups but shows no sign of being anywhere near ready for toilet training. I think he would be better off in nappies.

But, touch wood, although they have been explosive, we have not had any leaks yet!! Almost though on a couple of occassions!!

miffy
10-03-2009, 08:09 PM
I think pull ups are awful - they leak easily and are nowhere near as absorbent as an ordinary nappy.

Sorry but I would also bag up dirty clothing and return to parents

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
10-03-2009, 08:14 PM
I would be a wuss and put it in the washing machine on cold rinse with a dose of milton or nappy sanitiser!

Just read this I wouldnt be very keen on doing that the milton and sanitizers ruin the seal on the washing machine and mine costs £120 to have replaced!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mouse
10-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I used to rinse the pants/clothes as best I could, then put them in the wash and send them home clean & dry. With one child it became a regular thing & I got to the stage that I realised the parents weren't doing anything to help with potty training as they were happy to leave me to do the 'dirty' work to me. They just put him in a nappy when he got home! And of course I never got any thanks for it.

The final straw came when I put some of his clothes through the wash with our clothes, but obviously hadn't rinsed them well enough first. Everything came out stinking of poo and it took me three further washes to get rid of the smell.

Now I just tip out anything that comes out easily & tie the rest in a couple of nappy sacks.

TheBTeam
10-03-2009, 08:32 PM
I put them in a nappy sack and leave them outside to the side of the front door, when the parent comes i tell them how bad the damage is and let them choose to wash or bin! I too have rinsed out previously but get no thanks and make everywhere stink!

claireLouise
10-03-2009, 08:35 PM
My daughter wears pull ups and they reip easily at the side and have never had problenms with leaking nappies.

I have an older child who has accidents I have to wash his clothes as no spares and the ones I have let him borrow have never been returned! However I use my utility room to clean the offending items.

The youngest mindee it depends what time of day and how busy our day is. I do as a rule try to clean them but between school runs it is not always possible and on these days I bag the clothes and apologise.

Claire

Chell
10-03-2009, 09:56 PM
you thought about getting something like a motherease air flow wrap? they have poppy fasteners and you can put over the top of his nappy. I personally use reusables and this wrap contains almost everything. Might be worth a go, saves you some time and effort on a day?

I was going to suggest the same. I like Nature Babies wraps with poppers. Plastic pants would drag the mess down his legs, a wrap can be unfastened.

tulip0803
10-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Definately Bag them and send them home.

manjay
10-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Definately Bag them and send them home.

The children or the clothes?:laughing:

RainbowMum
10-03-2009, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=Allie;361091]I would also talk to mum about the child is he/she getting to much fruit? some parents think the advise of five pieces of fruit/veg means the same amount for children and adults and some little tummies can't copeQUOTE]

For under 5's it is 4 a day and portions are much smaller than you think!

It would depend on what other children I had in the house as to whether I would try & deal with this or just double bag it & hand it over!

sammy
10-03-2009, 10:13 PM
I was going to suggest the same. I like Nature Babies wraps with poppers. Plastic pants would drag the mess down his legs, a wrap can be unfastened.

it sounds like a good idea, i shall have a look into it, i must say that it doesnt need any further help in being dragged down his leg, it does that all on its own, hes sat on my leg and pooped and it went right out and through his jeans and mine!!!! yukky all in a toddler group with 2 others to watch!!

wendywu
10-03-2009, 10:17 PM
It all goes in a bag and get plonked on the doorstep. I dont do any washing or scraping.:panic:

beerheaven
10-03-2009, 10:50 PM
It all goes in a bag and get plonked on the doorstep. I dont do any washing or scraping.:panic:

Same here! I used to rinse out but I was told that we should be just double bagging on grounds of health!!

Chell
11-03-2009, 08:25 AM
it sounds like a good idea, i shall have a look into it, i must say that it doesnt need any further help in being dragged down his leg, it does that all on its own, hes sat on my leg and pooped and it went right out and through his jeans and mine!!!! yukky all in a toddler group with 2 others to watch!!

I've had far less mess with cloth nappies and a wrap than I had when using disposables. Having that second layer (the wrap) really helps to contain things. My DS used to cover his back, down to his feet and as you said, it would cover my leg too. :eek:

Schnakes
11-03-2009, 08:52 AM
I also bag them up and send them home. When I first started I offered to wash, but now - no way!! Got better things to do with my life than washing other peoples poo out of their clothes!

If you are buying the nappies, Im not quite sure why you dont just buy the ones that you think would be suitable. Am a bit confused???

Sx

marion123
11-03-2009, 09:09 AM
i put them in a nappy sack tell the parents and then its up to them if they want to wash them or put them in the bin i used to wash them but not any more

katickles
11-03-2009, 09:20 AM
I have fragranced bin liners that I use for this. Not had to do it much TBH with current mindee's, but a previous mindee who was being potty trained & had no idea it was constant so no way.

Also I wouldn't wash any of mindee's belongings as I wouldn;t know if they were sensitive to my choice of washing powder or softner

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/28/2848/284810.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

brillminder
11-03-2009, 09:48 AM
i bag and send home too as i dont like to comtaminate my washing machine with it

Chatterbox Childcare
11-03-2009, 09:49 AM
pooh from plastic pants and clothing, the thing is my mindee has really bad leaking nappies, so i thought getting plastic pants over the top would contain it, it doesnt so normally it goes all the way down hes trouser leg on his socks, vest etc - it has dripped out his trousers a few times as he has sooo much!!

Anyway i did clean it out in the beginning, but now after cleaning him and getting him dressed all over again - i think that is enough pooh to deal with so now i put his clothes in a plastic bag for her to deal with!! Honestly its that bad he could do with having a bath afterwards!! I go through soo many wipes too, he can do up to 3 to 4 poohs a day and will leak all the way through at least once or twice - normally when we are out and about.

Anyway when i tell the mum hes dirty clothes are in the bag she gives me a disapproved look and says phew!! Also it has been better when changing his nappys to a smaller size, but she uses pullups and if he does a poop in there first thing in the morning it ALWAYS leaks when he gets to me!!

what would you do?

I would say that there is a problem here.

There could be an intolerance to the milk, too much juice being given (fresh juice causes this).

I would speak to the parents and see what has changed casuing this, try suggesting a chance of milk to see if it makes any difference or talking to the health visitor.

sammy
11-03-2009, 09:31 PM
I also bag them up and send them home. When I first started I offered to wash, but now - no way!! Got better things to do with my life than washing other peoples poo out of their clothes!

If you are buying the nappies, Im not quite sure why you dont just buy the ones that you think would be suitable. Am a bit confused???

Sx

i did at first but she wanted me to get a bigger size as she thought he had chunky legs, so i just went along and didnt want to say "well i think...". But i have now after all the poop.

sammy
11-03-2009, 09:36 PM
I would say that there is a problem here.

There could be an intolerance to the milk, too much juice being given (fresh juice causes this).

I would speak to the parents and see what has changed casuing this, try suggesting a chance of milk to see if it makes any difference or talking to the health visitor.

He doesnt drink juice just water and milk, has sma during day and breast milk at night, hes has always been like this - i personally think its the food she eats going into his system through breast milk, she is asian so has spicy foods etc. (might not be though, just a thought)

Also she is a doctor so i would have thought she would know what the cause could be. But he is with me 4 days a week and he eats quite bland foods, but my god his nappys really smell bad!!

Chanelle
11-03-2009, 09:39 PM
I dont want anyones poopy pants in my washing machine ... I wash our clothes in there ... what if it had sweetcorn in ??? :panic: :panic:

Chell
12-03-2009, 09:03 PM
I dont want anyones poopy pants in my washing machine ... I wash our clothes in there ... what if it had sweetcorn in ??? :panic: :panic:

What is the problem? It will be clean sweetcorn once it is washed. :laughing:

Chanelle
13-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Ewwww !!! The thought is revolting !! Urgh !! Next pair of pooey pants im posting to you Chell !! :laughing:

Bushpig
13-03-2009, 07:42 PM

It's not the sweetcorn I am worried about!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bag for the parents - I clean and bathe the child if need be... but am not a laundry.

wellybelly
13-03-2009, 07:47 PM
I feel its a health and safety issue and wont use my washing machine for mindies clothes. I simply bag them up and send them home. Parents seem ok with this, never had a comment.