PDA

View Full Version : advice please!!?????

emmadines
10-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Ive been asked to have a mindee for longer possibly over night, the thing I need advice on is I ve also been asked if I could have her 1year old sister over night,

the reasoning behind this is that they are having a load of trouble relationship wise, dad has found out something and is worried that the argument might get out of hand in the verbal sense and he doesnt want the kids to be there during the argument. which I agree on, its not for their ears.

what do I do?? I have siad I can have her sister for a bit. do I need to call ofsted about the over night care and get an emergancy variation type thing as she isn't on my books and Im registered for one over night.

rickysmiths
10-03-2009, 04:53 PM
I would definately ring Ofsted because you do have to be registered for overnight care. I suspect that they would not class this situation as an emergency even though it feels like one. Are there no family near that could help them granny or an aunt or uncle?

emmadines
10-03-2009, 04:54 PM
I would definately ring Ofsted because you do have to be registered for overnight care. I suspect that they would not class this situation as an emergency even though it feels like one. Are there no family near that could help them granny or an aunt or uncle?

no thery are all up north

rickysmiths
10-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Difficult one. All you can do is ring Ofsted and ask.

wendywu
10-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Charge double for the one on your books and do the sister for free, if you see waht i mean.

If she has no contract with you she is nothing to do with Ofsted.:)

SimplyLucy
10-03-2009, 05:01 PM
As you are already registered for overnights then give OFSTED a quick call and explain it's an emergency situation.

Make sure you have the emergency consent forms signed for the 1 year old before she is left.

Sounds like they are very wise parents asking you to have the children, I hope they can sort everything out.

wendywu
10-03-2009, 05:03 PM
I still think that you could babysit the 1 year old as she is not a mindee.:)

cuddlybunny38
10-03-2009, 08:52 PM
If you are not being paid at all then is it still classed as working, would you do it for free, dont know really, how do you feel about it.

wendywu
10-03-2009, 10:12 PM
That is what i said first of all. Charge mindee double rate that in theory covers the sibling. The siblng is not a mindee so dont charge ( but you already have that covered ) and as far as Ofsted you are only sleeping one mindee.:panic:

RainbowMum
10-03-2009, 10:29 PM
That is what i said first of all. Charge mindee double rate that in theory covers the sibling. The siblng is not a mindee so dont charge ( but you already have that covered ) and as far as Ofsted you are only sleeping one mindee.:panic:
Over numbers is over numbers! I would never jeapordise my registration in order to ease a parents problems. What if the other parent in this couple thinks they can cause hassle for the other because they have left the children with you? they might not even stop to think that it could cause hassle for you. Always stay 100% above board - its just not worth it! Phone Ofsted or if its too late now and deed id done phone and say you had an emergency care situation and ask for guidance in future.

emmadines
10-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Over numbers is over numbers! I would never jeapordise my registration in order to ease a parents problems. What if the other parent in this couple thinks they can cause hassle for the other because they have left the children with you? they might not even stop to think that it could cause hassle for you. Always stay 100% above board - its just not worth it! Phone Ofsted or if its too late now and deed id done phone and say you had an emergency care situation and ask for guidance in future.

i tried calling them and they were closed. will call them in the morning

Daftbat
11-03-2009, 06:31 AM
It is dangerours getting involved in peoples matrimonial problems and if this couple really just need to talk privately without having to think of the problems then i would suggest they actually go out away from their own home and perhaps you could babysit at their house instead. Ideally i would suggest they ask a friend rather than you but at least if you babysat the children your licence wouldn't be affected.