PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me who's terrified of Mrs Ofsted??

Helen Dempster
10-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Hi guys 'n' girls

I had a call from Ofsted last week - they're coming this week (probably tomorrow now) :eek: My nerves are shattered! I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to 'hold it together' when she actually turns up! This is my 3rd attempt at actually having my first inspection (not counting pre-reg and variation), as she's cancelled me twice. I was ok the last time she was due, but now I feel soooooooo scared! Do you all dread this as much as I am? How do you cope with the nerves (any tips?) I already drink lots of coffee! :D

I know this has been said many times before, and I'm sure many more to come, but I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone on here - I've learnt so much and got loads of ideas/freebies/great websites etc. I just hope I can make you all proud and get a decent grade (that's unless I turn into a big, blubbering twit when she comes!) Hey ho!

Helen xx

wendywu
10-03-2009, 05:01 PM
No you are not the only one, i hate having Ofsted in my home.:)

Jules12Wed
10-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Me too. My last inspection was two and a half years ago and I was a complete bag of nerves I struggled to speak to the children as I felt everything I said sounded force and I just could not be myself. It didn't help the fact she just stood there with her arms folded watching.

Ripeberry
10-03-2009, 05:04 PM
First impressions are the most important! So before she even COMES IN, make sure you have checked her ID and asked her to sign your visitor book/sheet.
Then ask her to take off her footwear, show her your fire escape plan in case there is a fire and show her where she can sit where she can plug herself in (they are robots don't you know? :laughing: ) and offer her a cold drink as tea can't be drunk around children. If she wants hot she'll have to stand in kitchen in my house!
And then introduce her to the children or parents (if still there or dropping off) and give her all your lovely policies and procedures, risk assesments,all the paperwork in neat folders and labelled.
And then just get on with your normal day's work!
Relax, it may even be your third time lucky! :thumbsup:

donnagwynne
10-03-2009, 05:04 PM
good luck Helen, I'm sure you will be fine.:)

I also hated it, I made myself sick with worry and detemined that I would never have another, I am training myself up so that I can get a 'proper job' before my next one is due.

Better keep up to date though, just in case I change my mind. :laughing:

christine e
10-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Does anyone ever have a Mr Ofsted come and visit?

Cx

Ripeberry
10-03-2009, 05:26 PM
For some reason i think i would find a Mr Ofsted less scary!

LOOPYLISA
10-03-2009, 05:29 PM
For some reason i think i would find a Mr Ofsted less scary!

Me too :D :D

Mouse
10-03-2009, 05:34 PM
I have to be honest, it doesn't bother me at all having Ofsted (or anyone else here). Perhaps I'm strange!

Mouse
x

Chatterbox Childcare
10-03-2009, 06:13 PM
The best advice I can give is "they are not your employers, they are just there to make sure you are following the law". don't let them intimidate you, you are your own boss and if you don't agree with something stand up for yourself.

Allie
10-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Imagine how nerve racking it must be for them going into strange houses, inspecting hostile or nervous childminder's. Having to give them a grade which they may not be happy with.

On the whole I think it's better for us at least it's over in a few hours and it may be good news!

Remember it's just one persons opinion and I expect your parents will still like you after what ever the verdict, good luck

Allie

miffy
10-03-2009, 07:48 PM

Cx

I think that would be worse than Mrs Ofsted :eek:

Good luck Helen - you'll be fine. :)

Miffy xx

misst104
10-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Good luck Helen. I've only had a pre-reg (yesterday) and that was nerve racking enough. I know I will feel exactly the same as you when the first inspection is coming. I hope it goes really well for you :thumbsup:

x

Tups
11-03-2009, 02:07 PM

Cx yes i had a man come once it was a lot better we had lots of :laughing:
annmac

beerheaven
11-03-2009, 02:38 PM
If you had your inspection today I hope it went well.

Mine is probably tomorrow! Can't wait for it to be over with!

Chimps Childminding
11-03-2009, 05:57 PM
I dread it every time!!!!! give me the dentist anyday!!:laughing:

jibberjitz
11-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Just wanted to say good luck for your inspection :thumbsup: Let us know how you get on :)

Shar
11-03-2009, 09:03 PM
I know how you feel, I get a funny tummy for weeks when I know they are coming. My loo has to put up with so much!! Once they are here it's ok and they are mostly human and nice!! Good luck!!:thumbsup:

balloon
12-03-2009, 06:38 AM
Hope it all goes well for you.

Don't drink too much coffee hun, it's a stimulant and will make you more edgy than you already are!

xx

angeldelight
12-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Have they been out to you now ?

Good luck if its today

Angel xx