PDA

View Full Version : still no work!!!

suet
10-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Hi, just wanted to see if anyone else is like myself and not got any mindees.
I know i havent been registered very long but i have advertised loads and on all the childcare links but have not received any calls and i am starting to feel really down about it. every time the psone rings i cross my fingers hoping its a call about childminding but alas no such luck. :crying:

Sue

sarah32
10-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Hang in there, they will come.:)

Jules12Wed
10-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Do you do any school runs or go to toddler groups. It's good to get yourself known make friends and who knows they may know someone who is planning to return to work, parents in the playground etc.

Ripeberry
10-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Same here! But i'm using the time to attend courses and carry on with doing jobs in the garden so that everything is totally ready. But in a way i'm lucky in that i have another job at the moment (evening and some weekends) so that's keeping me busy.
This morning our pre-school could not open as our NVQ3 play leader was ill, so i took home a couple of my 4yr old's friends (with parents permission of course) for a playdate for a few hours.
We coloured some sticks with chalks, went for a walk with the cat!, made some chocolate rice crispie cakes and decorated little baskets for them and went on the computer to play a "pet care game".
I'm practicing all the time:)

suet
12-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Do you do any school runs or go to toddler groups. It's good to get yourself known make friends and who knows they may know someone who is planning to return to work, parents in the playground etc.

Hi there,

Yes i will do the school run. had a call and someone is coming to see me next week with a view to minding her two children during the school hols and possibly before and after school. I am going to go to the toddler groupnext week now i know when its on
Cheers

Sue

miffy
12-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi there,

Yes i will do the school run. had a call and someone is coming to see me next week with a view to minding her two children during the school hols and possibly before and after school. I am going to go to the toddler groupnext week now i know when its on
Cheers

Sue

That's great news - fingers crossed you get the job :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Pauline
13-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Fingers crossed Sue, hope it works out.

Isn't it strange how areas vary on how much work is available? I had to turn two people down yesterday because we do not have vacancies. Wish I could have sent them to you!

Spangles
13-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Calls here are strange, you get a few in the space of a couple of weeks and then nothing for ages.

Had a woman phone a few weeks back wanting one hour a week while she went to the gym! I said I think she would be very lucky to find someone to do that and it would no doubt cost her a lot more than one hours fees!

Ripeberry
13-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Does the gym not have a creche?