PDA

View Full Version : My variation

vix84
10-03-2009, 01:53 PM
I worte to Ofsted for a variation to have 2 under 1 for 6 hours a week - I would only have the 2 of them - unless I get another enquiery.
So I recieved a letter saying it was approved - actually I got 2 of the same leters, but havent recieved a certificate yet. I got the leter 2 days ago.

Now I dont know if this is restricted to 6 hours a week or if I can have 2 under 1 at any time - I was hoping to get the certificate to see if it mentioned times - do you think it will say '2 under 1 for the requested times'?

Tracey1
10-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Hiya don't worry about it. I had a letter first to say that it had been approved, but then it took a week for the certificate to arrive

Tracey

Tracey1
10-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Sorry forgot to also mention that yes it will include 2 for 6hrs ect, and what days of the week, if you included this in your letter

Tracey

rickysmiths
10-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm surprised the letter doesn't detail what they have allowed you. At most it will only give you the hours you requested and you must not change these without speaking to Ofsted.

You usually have to check the details and send a form back signed agreeing to them before they send out your cert. Threre is a cooling off period of 14 days during which you can cancel the variation but you can waiver this on the form they send you.

vix84
10-03-2009, 09:12 PM
I did check and send back saying id agreed - I will re-check but Im sure it didnt say the days and times that I stated in the letter.

Will give it untill the end of the week to recieve the certificate before I ring Ofsted - and Ill also make sure I stick to those days and times

berkschick
10-03-2009, 09:24 PM
I know of 3 minders who have asked for 2 under 1 for specific hours but have been granted a permanent variation for 2 under 1. It has not changed the number of under 5 they can have.

vix84
20-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone, I finally recieved my certificate and it says:

must not provide overnight care ......

may care for 4 children aged under 8 at any one time, of these no more than 2 may be in the early years group ,and of these one may be under 1 year.

And Im even more confused as I also have my son Max who is 9 months - so does this mean I can have 5 children in total including Max aswell as 1 under 1 - all the time?
It says nothing about the hours

amirose
20-03-2009, 01:43 PM

may care for 4 children aged under 8 at any one time, of these no more than 2 may be in the early years group ,and of these one may be under 1 year.

And Im even more confused as I also have my son Max who is 9 months - so does this mean I can have 5 children in total including Max aswell as 1 under 1 - all the time?

The numbers on your certificate are in addition to your own children :thumbsup:

berkschick
20-03-2009, 01:55 PM

The numbers on your certificate relate to minded children and are in addition to your own children.

So you can mind 2 under 5 (or 4 if they are in full time education) and 2 over 5.

vix84
20-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks - I thought it meant not including Max.

So origionally I applied to have an 11 month old and Max, for only 6 hours a week - but the certificate says nothing about being restricted to certain days/times so does this mean I can have 2 under 1 any days? So if they want him to do an extra day I wouldnt have to ring up to extend the variation?

Rubybubbles
20-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks - I thought it meant not including Max.

So origionally I applied to have an 11 month old and Max, for only 6 hours a week - but the certificate says nothing about being restricted to certain days/times so does this mean I can have 2 under 1 any days? So if they want him to do an extra day I wouldnt have to ring up to extend the variation?

you can only have for the dates and hours you requested;) at 11 months old only a month and you won't have all this bothered lol

Chatterbox Childcare
20-03-2009, 04:49 PM
The numbers on your certificate relate to minded children and are in addition to your own children.

So you can mind 2 under 5 (or 4 if they are in full time education) and 2 over 5.

I read this to say that you can have your son plus 1 more under 1 plus 1 other between 1 and 5 and 3 over 5 or 1 under 1 plus your son and 4 over 5

Chatterbox Childcare
20-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Sorry take off 1 child from my previous post (not under 1's)

I think this is a blanket okay for your 2 under 1's (including Max) otherwise they would have stipulated on the certificate the date and condition of the letter of variation

Hope that isn't double dutch

vix84
20-03-2009, 06:12 PM
I think I will ring themm and clarify as I need a variation for 2 under 1 again in June for 19 days