PDA

View Full Version : DD Preschool being inspected

singlewiththree
10-03-2009, 01:30 PM
I walked into preschool this morning and one of the leaders pulled me to one side in the hallway to say the inspector was there, and that if I went down to the bottom I could have a chat with her. I think she was hoping the inspector would ask me questions as I have used the preschool for the last 6years with my first DD and have even helped there but didn't get a job I applied for there! anyway the inspector just sat there typing away.

Another preschool also got inspected last week in my area does that mean they might call on me??!?!?

Trouble
10-03-2009, 01:32 PM
possibly

they could call on anyone:(

Princess Sara
10-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Do they do area by area or do they just have a big list to work through?

singlewiththree
10-03-2009, 01:53 PM
It just seems funny that 2 local preschools were inspected and also in the past month, 3 of the local childminders have been inspected as if they are working their way through the area.

I wonder if the inspector will still be there when I collect at 4pm.

singlewiththree
11-03-2009, 11:00 AM
They got a good in all areas :clapping: I was really pleased for them. I asked them what they got and the teacher was very much embarassed saying that they don't have time to try and get an outstanding and that is was a good grade.

I explained that I knew all about the grading and a good grade is really an excellent as satisfactory is a good you are meeting the requirements and that I was really pleased they got such a good grade. I think they were a bit dissapointed but hopefully now they will realise that its brilliant to get a good and as parents we are really happy with them anyway a grade means nothing. She said the inspector only spent an hour in the office looking at paperwork and the rest of the time she watched them and the children.

Ripeberry
11-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Well i'm glad they are not inspecting in our area at the moment as we've had an almost illegal morning.
Our NVQ 3 play leader is off sick all week and the assistant is only NVQ2.
So we contacted an agency who were supposed to send someone to us this morning. We waited and we waited 9.30 passed and still no-one, rang the agency they could not get in contact with the person.
They managed to get someone out at very short notice but they could not drive so i went to collect them (20 miles round trip!) and got them in a 10.30am!
It turns out the person that was supposed to come at 9am had had a car crash! :eek: but she was OK but shocked.
But at least one good thing out of all of this we are not being charged!
Also our local pre-school alliance people have found an NVQ3 who is actually looking for a job.
So we might use her as either full-time staff or stand-in.
But what a morning and i'm driving the agency person back later. I'm only doing this as it would not be fair on the kids and parents and i'm on the committee anyway so i would get all the complaints :(
Being on a committee should be made compulsory i think!

Ripeberry
11-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Well done for your pre-school by the way :clapping: