PDA

View Full Version : how?

Hebs
10-03-2009, 10:04 AM
How do you get an activity to last longer than a nano second?

My mindee prefers to just play with my dog

huggableshelly
10-03-2009, 11:06 AM
your mindee is building relationships, enjoying her own choice activity and care for other living things yay you ahve it easy there lol

maybe you can get your dog to paint too 1 now that would be really cool, a dog who paints being INCLUSIVE within your setting and supporting others who attend now how about that lol I'm off to do somthing useful instead of being silly!

Hebs
10-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Might make dog ears tomorrow with him so he can dress up as a dog

How would I get them to stay on? Don't think he'd wear a hairband lol

FizzysFriends
10-03-2009, 12:01 PM
I have this problem too, mindee takes 5 seconds to do the activity with no care or attention and then wants something else to do, I now make her wait for others.

FizzysFriends
10-03-2009, 12:02 PM
How about covering the floor in paper and getting mindee to talk through a tray of paint and then walk on the paper and get the dog to do the same?

HomefromHome
10-03-2009, 12:06 PM
How about covering the floor in paper and getting mindee to talk through a tray of paint and then walk on the paper and get the dog to do the same?

oh the mess!!!! can i come??!!:D

amirose
10-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Simple - I don't :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The only thing so far I have found to work is sitting and doing the activity myself this works really well :thumbsup:

Depending on the age of mindee and example of what your making (if you are making something :thumbsup: ) helps because they don't have the ability to imagine and understand what you want them to create.

huggableshelly
10-03-2009, 12:48 PM

lol i want to come too, i enjoy making a mess I know I do not have to clean up after!

FizzysFriends
10-03-2009, 12:49 PM
lol i want to come too, i enjoy making a mess I know I do not have to clean up after!

Forgot to mention do it about an hour before the cleaner is due :laughing:

huggableshelly
10-03-2009, 12:50 PM
ooohhh the cleaner would resign imediatly lol

FizzysFriends
10-03-2009, 12:51 PM
ooohhh the cleaner would resign imediatly lol

Damn, should have done a contract that said shes not allowed to leave unless I sack her!!!!

She'll be cleaning the spag bol off the radiator next week anyway a bit of paint wont make any difference.

huggableshelly
10-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Damn, should have done a contract that said shes not allowed to leave unless I sack her!!!!

She'll be cleaning the spag bol off the radiator next week anyway a bit of paint wont make any difference.

lmao I'm so glad I do not offer hot meals anymore, you comment takes me back to a child in my care ... he was such a clown so cheeky and when he flicked pasta across my kitchen I just stood there and laughed! I was unable to put the situation right, full blown food fight and yes I joined in too cuz I'm so bad .... only thing is I have no cleaner so had to deal with it myself.

back when food fights were fun ..

anyway I'm sat here posting away and should be doing something more useful but but but ... how are the dog painting sessions going?

FizzysFriends
10-03-2009, 01:17 PM
lmao I'm so glad I do not offer hot meals anymore, you comment takes me back to a child in my care ... he was such a clown so cheeky and when he flicked pasta across my kitchen I just stood there and laughed! I was unable to put the situation right, full blown food fight and yes I joined in too cuz I'm so bad .... only thing is I have no cleaner so had to deal with it myself.

back when food fights were fun ..

anyway I'm sat here posting away and should be doing something more useful but but but ... how are the dog painting sessions going?

The spag bol was my DD not a mindee, she wasn't being naughty she tripped over her own feet whilst carrying her dinner to the table and it went everywhere, didn't have to feed the dog that night though.

Hebs - we are putting together an 'about our pets' for your tribe, lots of pics of dogs in there for little mindee.

Hebs
10-03-2009, 01:44 PM
:clapping:

well he's at nursery now :thumbsup:

huggableshelly
10-03-2009, 01:52 PM
great so you ahve time to practice with your doggy to get him to comply with the task in hand

hmm wonder waht the rspca would say if they could read this thread lol

FizzysFriends
10-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Don't forget to risk assess it from the point of view of your dog.

Actually my dog would love it, she sits at the table inbetween the kids and watches what they are doing, she often takes part in dressing up too.

Note to the RSPCA: the dog enjoys this and has her own crate, in her own bedroom she can go in away from children if she wants.