PDA

View Full Version : WOT HAPPENS TO CHILDREN WHO ARENT IN EYFS?

elainerut
09-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Rite, well i understand all the eyfs (i think) but wot happens to children who aren't classed in eyfs

Do i still need planning?

Do i still risk assess?

Do i observe?

What happens to all that?

im puzzled??????

wendywu
09-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Cupboard under the stairs i think.:laughing:

I just do a weekly sheet saying what they have eaten and any news. I would do an obs if i thought there were any areas for concern.

They tend to join in with any seasonal planning like mothers day cards or easter activities. :)

vickie83
09-03-2009, 10:02 PM
It certainly won't do any harm to have activities "planned" that meet the needs of the overs but they don't follow the EYFS curriculum so you don't need any of the formal paperwork that goes with that.
You definitely still need risk assessments as the voluntary part of the register states that you must inform parents of any health and safety risks (if you're doing them for the under 8's the majority will remain unchanged for overs.) To be registered on the voluntary part (over 8's) you need to have an appropriate level 2 qualification too. These are the main differences between the 2 registers.

donnadoo2004200
09-03-2009, 10:03 PM
I have got just a simple sheet, letting the children fill it in themselves and maybe add a photo, comments from the children about if they enjoyed or not would like to do again etc HTH

Chatterbox Childcare
09-03-2009, 11:07 PM
I find that my children 6 and over are happy to do what the other children have done. The amount of times they come home and plonk themselves at the table to see what has happened.

When planning I have an after school block to put an idea in and 9/10 times I change it.

huggableshelly
10-03-2009, 06:46 AM
my older ones have their own scrapbooks to fill in. I'm sure they race to see who can fill theirs the fastest jsut to get a new one.