PDA

View Full Version : Easter eggs!

Bushpig
09-03-2009, 05:50 PM
OK, Easter is around the corner...

My eggs for the kids arrived today (I got in before the rush!)... and there is one that is a Topgear cup with an egg... no guessing which (big) kid that is for :laughing:

I will do an Easter egg hunt with the kids... where they have to find wombles and eggs... and we'll make Easter cards and activities about the true meaning of Easter.

What have you planned for it and do you get your mindees eggs? Do you get their siblings eggs too?

LittleMissSparkles
09-03-2009, 06:13 PM
I bought the mindees all an egg last year and not one parent said thank you so this year I am just playing easter egg hunt games with them, ive got a box set from B&M and some plastic eggs to hide with sweets int hem probably cost me £5 for it all, not a skin flint but thanks dont cost anything so still doin something with the kids which will be fun and they will still get a little bit of something just not a big easter egg like last year x

Kat
09-03-2009, 06:19 PM
I am not sure yet ... this is my first year as a childminder ... what do you think shell I or not?
Kat

huggableshelly
09-03-2009, 06:20 PM
I bought easter eggs for them all 2 years ago and wished I didnt

last year we made birds nests out of shredded wheat with mini eggs inside
made paper baskets - easy but I bought pre=prepared ones from baker ross kiddies had great fun decorating them and putting chicks in from poundland
followed by an easter bunny and egg hunt - poundland chocs
kiddies had more fun doing all that than just taking an egg home

this year kiddies have already said they want a pirate treasure hunt with real clues in the park! going to ask the teenagers nextdoor to help out as I cant go to the park set it all up then go off and expect it all to be there still.
so planning to meet the teenagers who will plot the clues and goodies 2 clues ahead of my mindees (hopefully) fingers crossed it works out well lol

LisaH
09-03-2009, 07:23 PM
I do the egg hunt, easter nests and card making too. The kids never thank you for the eggs and i have a couple of parents that don't like me giving their children chocolate!

Cammie Doodle
09-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Ours are bought . We bought them on offer :blush:

RedDragon
09-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Bought mine from Tesco along with the food shopping - 13 medium sized ones for £13 :clapping:

Plus, I had £17.53 off (£3.03 in promotion savings and a £14.50 code)

So my £72 food shop came to £59 and I got 13 Easter eggs in that.

Might put some clues in my garden so that everyone wins the eggs I bought without me hiding them in the garden. :blush:

OrlandoBelle
09-03-2009, 07:45 PM
I got loads of easter things from Poundland and Home Bargains last week...easter bonnets to make, eggs to hunt, easter baskets, bunny egg cups to paint, pipe cleaners, a big Egg Hunt sign to stick in the ground, etc etc...

This is my first easter as a childminder too. I have bought small eggs for my mindees from Asda. Not getting siblings ones....just the children I look after. x

huggableshelly
09-03-2009, 07:48 PM
I got loads of easter things from Poundland and Home Bargains last week...easter bonnets to make, eggs to hunt, easter baskets, bunny egg cups to paint, pipe cleaners, a big Egg Hunt sign to stick in the ground, etc etc...

This is my first easter as a childminder too. I have bought small eggs for my mindees from Asda. Not getting siblings ones....just the children I look after. x

ooh sounds like you are set up for much more fun than me, can I come and play too plz?

OrlandoBelle
09-03-2009, 07:59 PM
ooh sounds like you are set up for much more fun than me, can I come and play too plz?

Lol, ok!! hehe. I love easter. I have always wanted to have an easter egg hunt with my own son, but we're usually visiting family, or the weather is pants and the grass is all muddy.

This is also the first year in our new house, so have a lovely garden. Not sure where i'm going to hide the eggs though.

samgeordie
10-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Im going to make Easter cards and do an easter egg hunt in the garden, make birds nest cakes as well. I was in poundland today and got 4 eggs for £3, they are smallish eggs but fine to give to mindees (in other shops are anything between £1 & £1.50) , I got HSM, Ben 10, Thomas and Barbie.

This is my 1st easter as a childminder, my little girl always got an egg from her childminder so Im following the trend.

PixiePetal
10-03-2009, 01:42 PM
We always have our family holiday at Easter. Since kids were young we have taken empty plastic eggs with us to Devon/Cornwall to fill for a hunt. Still do even though they are now nearly 15 and 12 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Will be making few bits with mindees. Some don't usually have choc so just a little for them.

FizzysFriends
10-03-2009, 02:21 PM
I bought plastic filled eggs from Home Bargins for the easter egg hunt in the garden (will have to make sure the dog is elsewhere that day).

I will get them an egg but if I buy them too early I will eat them.

I like the idea of the birds nests, how do you make those?

Minstrel
10-03-2009, 03:53 PM
We make ours in the same way as chocolate Krispies but using broken up shredded wheat instead x

Should have added that you make a hole in the middle with a spoon so its 'nest shaped' and then add chocolate mini eggs to them!

So cute!

Bushpig
10-03-2009, 04:03 PM
We make ours in the same way as chocolate Krispies but using broken up shredded wheat instead x

Oh I love that idea - how clever! :)

You all sound like you're having fun with your mindees at Easter - how about we take it in turns and pop round to eachothers home for all these exciting egg hunts??? (No, no liquer chocs ladies ;))

flora
10-03-2009, 08:25 PM
I buy all of mine eggs, but not massive ones. I usuall y get whichever ones are on offer :D

My lot won't be here on easter hols so I do it all before :thumbsup:

miffy
10-03-2009, 08:29 PM
I've always bought Easter eggs for the mindees but am not sure whether to this year - like Little Miss Sparkles, thanks were a bit thin on the ground last year.

We will have an Easter party though and some other craft activities so might just leave it at that this year.

Oh no, feeling mean already :(

Miffy xx

Chell
10-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Poundland have some lovely sets to make four foam Easter Cards with egg, bunny, chick shapes, pipe cleaners for ears, googly eyes, etc.

samgeordie
11-03-2009, 10:04 AM
with the easter nest eggs Im going to buy a pack of the little chicks that poundland have and pop them in the middle of the cake (then i can eat the mini eggs;) )

yummymummy
11-03-2009, 10:11 AM
I have always bought my mindees Easter eggs and have found that the little preschoolers are thrilled and their parents very appreciative. I only have one sibling after school now but last year when I had quite a few I found them not only to not utter a word of thanks or their parents come to that but some had actually said that their parents said I will be buying them one so were waiting and expecting it!
If I had been more ready for it I should have said something like we will be making collage Easter eggs this year due to my healthy eating policy guidelines!!!!:laughing: :laughing:
Then scoffed the lot myself!:eek:

Rubybubbles
11-03-2009, 10:22 AM
mine have already started doing drawing and getting stickers and bits and bobs out for easter:panic:

My dd and ds were colouring in a egg (I know a template:eek: ) doing different designs lol! I tend to give them all eggs, and do loads of different egg hunts and stuff, I love it! We also tie in looking for birds nests in the trees it's great

I remember asking hubby a few years ago to pick up eggs for my mindies, I was looking after 2 sister 9&11 and he bought them huge galaxy ones with cups and everything:laughing: soft ape!

christine e
11-03-2009, 10:23 AM
I bought plastic filled eggs from Home Bargins for the easter egg hunt in the garden (will have to make sure the dog is elsewhere that day).

I will get them an egg but if I buy them too early I will eat them.

I like the idea of the birds nests, how do you make those?

Ooh I am glad there is someone else out there like me chocolate in the house is too much of a temptation for me. I have to buy easter eggs at the last minute and hand them out quickly!

Cx

Chatterbox Childcare
11-03-2009, 10:34 AM
I brought 4 packets of smarties eggs from Sainsburys as they are on special at £1 each and then ate the lot. Brought another 4 packets from poundland and ate them to. soooooooooooo I am going to order the easter eggs in the boxes and then I won't touch them (get in before the end of the tax year too!) and then I am doing craft and will buy the eggs then as we need them.

I went to Poundland at the weekend and brought card sets and eggs to decorate (cheaper than buying eggs and boiling them).

In the holidays we will make baskets and put in shredded paper and eggs and chicks and in others nests from shredded wheat which the kids love doing and will fill these with icing birds that we make, sort of!

Lots of cheap ideas to do and an egg hunt is fun.

mandy moo
11-03-2009, 01:13 PM
I brought 4 packets of smarties eggs from Sainsburys as they are on special at £1 each and then ate the lot. Brought another 4 packets from poundland and ate them to. soooooooooooo I am going to order the easter eggs in the boxes and then I won't touch them (get in before the end of the tax year too!) and then I am doing craft and will buy the eggs then as we need them.

I went to Poundland at the weekend and brought card sets and eggs to decorate (cheaper than buying eggs and boiling them).

In the holidays we will make baskets and put in shredded paper and eggs and chicks and in others nests from shredded wheat which the kids love doing and will fill these with icing birds that we make, sort of!

Lots of cheap ideas to do and an egg hunt is fun.

Thankx for making me smile debbie, Im justa little down at the mo.
This will or should be my 1st easter too, that is if Im still not off work with my leg.
Ive allready brought eggs and stuff, if Im not working by then, I will justhave to eat them myself.:blush:
The easter bunny did an easter egg hunt round the house last for my 2 boys last year, and theyve been asking for weeks if he'll come again this year:laughing: