PDA

View Full Version : Daily Diary/Learning Journals

Rasharoon
09-03-2009, 02:07 PM
If a parent puts a note in the Daily Diary, do you have to write it up in the learning journal?
(ie. parent wants me to speak to mindee on way to pre-school to find out what she wants to play with on arrival then tell the teacher as at the moment, mindee has no friends due to being extremely shy in groups and often stands back and watches.)
Thanks

Jules12Wed
09-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Personally I would.

HelenJC
09-03-2009, 02:25 PM
I suppose it would show you are working with the pre-school and the parent. It would really depend on what the pre-school were planning for that day anyway, though, wouldn't it? Pre-school must be aware that the child is shy and use their skills to get around this problem - just like we do.
Helen

Rasharoon
09-03-2009, 02:49 PM
I suppose it would show you are working with the pre-school and the parent. It would really depend on what the pre-school were planning for that day anyway, though, wouldn't it? Pre-school must be aware that the child is shy and use their skills to get around this problem - just like we do.
Helen

They are and it was their suggestion to Mum so she is just keeping me in the loop. Just wasn't sure if I need to quote her from the daily diary into the Learning Journal. Thanks.

sarah707
09-03-2009, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't put negatives in a leanring journal tbh.

Maybe turn it round to a Psed next step of supporting friendships / talking about arrivals at school etc

angeldelight
09-03-2009, 06:37 PM
I agree with Sarah I never put negatives in the journal and would not

Good idea though to link it in other ways

Angel xx

Cammie Doodle
09-03-2009, 07:03 PM
I agree with Angel and Sarah turn it into a positive comment about PSED and CLL :thumbsup: Good on Mum for keeping you in the loop,and that pre school Mum and yourself are all working together for Child's benefit, makes a nice change to hear that