PDA

View Full Version : childcare advertising site

singlewiththree
09-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Is it legal for these kind of sites to allow these adverts. There are loads of adverts on that are completely unacceptable and illegal, is there anything that can be done?

aly
09-03-2009, 12:45 PM
if you see my other post i mentioned on there a few just in my area.

I have sent an email to the owner of the site. Ill let you know if i get a reply

singlewiththree
09-03-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm going to email them too as it just doesn't seem right.

michellethegooner
09-03-2009, 09:01 PM
ermmmm what site ???? sorry I hate feeling I'm missing something lol ... :laughing:

vickie83
09-03-2009, 09:38 PM
I put an ad up on netmums - pee's me off that the majority of the ones offering childminding services on there seem cheap but no mention of being registered :rolleyes:

Jules27
09-03-2009, 09:51 PM
I actually replied to somneone on our netmums,pretending to be interested - I enquired if they were registered, the answer was shocking ... 'Ofsted is just a name, doesn't mean anything, registered childminders have MONTHS to get ready for an inspection, they never just turn up!' It went on and on. In the end I just emailed to say I would not feel happy placing my child with someone un registered, therefore uninsured, no 1st aid, CRB etc... and that I had found suitable childcare!!! I really couldn't belive it, wish now I had thought to keep her email address as should have reported it!!:eek:

Buzz Lightyear
09-03-2009, 10:08 PM
:eek: that is absolutely shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As if you would reply with such an answer as that. It's a disgrace, especially as we all work very hard to become Ofsted registered. There is no way I would ever consider leaving my child with an unregistered childminder. I'd be very surprised if anyone actually does!

Terrible, shame you can't find her and report her!! x

aly
09-03-2009, 10:10 PM
I actually replied to somneone on our netmums,pretending to be interested - I enquired if they were registered, the answer was shocking ... 'Ofsted is just a name, doesn't mean anything, registered childminders have MONTHS to get ready for an inspection, they never just turn up!' It went on and on. In the end I just emailed to say I would not feel happy placing my child with someone un registered, therefore uninsured, no 1st aid, CRB etc... and that I had found suitable childcare!!! I really couldn't belive it, wish now I had thought to keep her email address as should have reported it!!:eek:

:eek::eek:
unbelieveable

can you not search the history??
if you replied via netmums it should still be in your sent messages
OR
check your sent messages in your email programme....

sorry it would be good if you had her email though
;)

vickie83
09-03-2009, 10:11 PM
And to think we go through all this and "ofsted are just a name that doesn't mean anything" :rolleyes:
:angry:

angeldelight
10-03-2009, 07:27 AM
I'm going to email them too as it just doesn't seem right.

Did you email them ?

xx

HomefromHome
10-03-2009, 07:42 AM
this makes my blood boil:angry:

i think we should make it clear to parents that they should never use an unregistered person - contact your local papers - ask to do an article about informing parents about appropriate childcare - nurseries or childminders (ie. asking the cm to show their certificates of reg & ins).

it is easier to do this than report these :censored: ! the more people know it's 'wrong' to use these people the harder it will be for them to get someone.:mad:

Hebs
10-03-2009, 07:44 AM
Maybe ofsted should be informed about these sites

aly
10-03-2009, 10:25 AM
I've just informed my local cssiw office of my find so hopefully they can do a search etc

aly
10-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Just had an update from the cssiw.

They passed it on to other regions too :) ha ha

Although as said before not a lot they can do apart from raise awareness....

heres her reply

Thank you for this -

I have used the site to send a message via their 'contact us' suggesting they might like to consider providing information about legal responsibilites and childminding on their site. I have given my contact details for further discussion if they need, and explained a little about registration/safeguarding children and parents' needs, etc.

Probably not a lot more we can do, other than improve general awareness raising for parents, and the general public. We are already aware of this need, and steps are being taken to make progress.