PDA

View Full Version : 1ST week back and mindee off sick :-(

vix84
09-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Im so dissapointed! Im back from maternity leave and my little mindee was supposed to do 2 afternoons a week - and the mum rang this morning and left lots of messages while I was out saying he had been sick. They thought it was a one off, but he ate brekkie and was sick so they are not coming this week.

Then, she said they would drop this weeks fees off within the next day or 2 and I stupidly said 'oh no, dont worry, dont do this weeks fees we will start it from next week'.

I dont know why I said it - I think it was because the mum was worried I thought they were messing me around and because she couldnt get hold of me I think she thought I had got the messages and wasnt answering because I was annoyed or something!

Oh well - its reminded me to stick to the contract next time and not be so easy going/stupid lol! You never know, they may still pay me anyway - they seem like the type of people too - but I wont be disapointed if they dont, my own fault!

I was really looking forward to today too!

Does anyone else keep forgetting they are running a business?!:blush:

Carol
09-03-2009, 10:07 PM
It has happened to me in the past..........but you learn from your mistakes. Never mind enjoy your little one until you start work again soon.

Carol xxx

angeldelight
10-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Yeah think we all do things that we wish we would not have

But you live and learn and you get tough

Hope the little one is back with you soon

Angel xx

Saranotts
10-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Yes :blush: I've done it several times and then kick myself afterwards.

Hope your mindee feels better soon and that you have fun together.

Sara

helenlc
10-03-2009, 12:24 PM
I have done things "out of the goodness of my heart" and then regretted it almost immediately!! Lol

vix84
10-03-2009, 02:20 PM
It just seems to take me ages to get everything spot on. Reading back through my poilicies I keep realising I have made little mistakes, and then I look at my fees and see that Ive requested to be paid in advance on the last working day of each month - and then on the invoice Ive asked for payment in advance by the 1st working day of each month.

It just feels like Im constantly making silly little mistakes!

I have my part-time mindee starting in 45 mins so atleast this week Id have worked - only 6 hours though:)