PDA

View Full Version : Thrown in at the deep end!

Minstrel
09-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Not quite yet registered but having a bit of a taster session this morning.

A friend has her mums funeral today and i am looking after her 17mth old and 4 week old babies plus my own 2 and a half yr old son.

But i dont feel on my own cos i have you girls! (and boys) :D

misst104
09-03-2009, 10:26 AM
How many 4 week old babies does she have :eek:

Hope you have a fun time minstrel! Quite a handful I would imagine :thumbsup:

x

huggableshelly
09-03-2009, 10:35 AM
oohhhh funn enjoy your day xxx

Minstrel
09-03-2009, 10:38 AM
How many 4 week old babies does she have :eek:

Hope you have a fun time minstrel! Quite a handful I would imagine :thumbsup:

x

oh lol

probably my bad grammer! just one! i meant the 17mth is still a baby too really.

i'm so scared with this baby! i've got her right in front of me and have to keep poking her to make sure shes ok!!:panic:

Minstrel
09-03-2009, 12:19 PM
OMG :eek: how do you all do it???

I only had them for three hours and i was a bag of nerves! Baby slept for 2 hours then woke had a cuddle and filled her nappy. I changed her and then they came to collect.

Thing is, once baby K was awake i couldnt put her down for fear of one of the todders throwing somethign or trying to pick her up when i wasnt looking. The elder one L emptied ALL my cupboards in the whole downstairs. My son doesnt normally do this but soon joined in and he's older!

Def need to get my cupboard locks on b4 i start!

And i'm knackered. i've usually had 2 or 3 cups of tea by now but just not found the time to even flick the kettle on.

How do you all cope? I'm wondering if i've made a terrible mistake. :(

Jules27
09-03-2009, 01:27 PM
oh hun!!! It does get easier - honest!!! Cupboard locks are a must!!! LOL!!! I NEVER get to have a cuppa until lunch time usually or nap time!!!:)

Chatterbox Childcare
09-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Sounds divine - enjoy the bedtimes as I am sure the rest of the time will be noisy!

Shar
09-03-2009, 01:34 PM
LOL, welcome to the world of childminding. It does get easier with practice, I think!!;)

aly
09-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Not quite yet registered but having a bit of a taster session this morning.

A friend has her mums funeral today and i am looking after her 17mth old and 4 week old babies plus my own 2 and a half yr old son.

But i dont feel on my own cos i have you girls! (and boys) :D
good luck hope the day is great for you

x