PDA

View Full Version : what % can you claim for cleaning products?

zoe compton
09-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Morning ladies, i've just realised i probably don't claim anywhere near enough stuff back...so am trying to get myself up to speed for next tax year, which is more important from tomorrow as i'm changing from part time to full time, i know you can claim for cleaning products but how much and how often...if i'm woriking full time can i just claim back thye 40% (same as utility bills for full time ) off a bottle of anti bac?

its a mine feild on what you can claim and what percentage to claim?!?

please help

Cammie Doodle
09-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Hi Zoe , there is a list on here that has been compiled, someone with more savvy than me will come along and tell you where it is (Im really dim, when it comes to computers :blush: )
June

elainerut
09-03-2009, 08:25 AM
I thought u just put it through with either food or equipment????????:blush:

rickysmiths
09-03-2009, 08:44 AM
I regard cleaning materials as part of the expense needed to run my business. I put them down in the misc coloumn.
I just estimate what I use eg I put through I container of clothes washing liqiud per month for washing bibs, bedding dressing up clothes etc.

katickles
09-03-2009, 08:49 AM
I claim the full amount, but again I wouldn't claim for every bottle of washing up liquid as its not solely used for minding. I just claim every now & again for things like that. Disinfectant etc that I buy for minding I buy & keep separate so thats easier :)

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/28/2842/284253.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

miss mopple
09-03-2009, 09:29 AM
I claim £10 a month ands put it down as hygeine. It covers things like wipes/washing powder etc

christine e
09-03-2009, 11:06 AM
My lot get through about £10 in loo rolls alone!

Seriously you need to think about how many packs of baby wipes you get through - I buy about one a week, tissues about a box a week, loo rolls 2 a week, then a percentage of all your clearning material eg dish washer tablets, wash powder/tablets, washing up liquird, dishclothes, anti bac spray, window wipes I could go on and on.

Cx

rickysmiths
09-03-2009, 11:16 AM
I claim £10 a month ands put it down as hygeine. It covers things like wipes/washing powder etc

I suppose it depends on how many children you look after but £10 does not seem alot for wet wipes, gloves, tissues, toilet roll, kitchen towel, disinfectant wipes, washing up liquid, washing powder, loo cleaner, floor cleaner, window cleaner, what do you clean all your toys with? etc etc.

At the moment I get through 2-3 packs of wet wipes a week and one box of tissues and two toilet rolls just to start.:eek: so nearer £10per week for me!

miss mopple
09-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Hmmn, thats a fair point actually as I havent put it up at all and am alot busier than I used to be as now have 3 little ones most days as well as several big ones.

Think I may reconsider and up it (backdated to the beginning of this tax year of course :laughing: )

venus89
09-03-2009, 12:05 PM
So they don't come under wear and tear?

christine e
09-03-2009, 12:55 PM
So they don't come under wear and tear?

Definately not. Wear and tear is for your household goods such as furniture and white goods.

Cx

Chatterbox Childcare
09-03-2009, 01:31 PM
I work my food out on a percentage basis and this includes all toiletries.

This was on the advice of the IR and it works for me.

Rasharoon
09-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Whatever sprays/wipes/bin bags I buy, I claim half the cost. Don't know if this is right or not but hey ho.

beerheaven
09-03-2009, 02:29 PM
I work my food out on a percentage basis and this includes all toiletries.

This was on the advice of the IR and it works for me.

That's what I do too! :)

hectors house
10-03-2009, 01:48 PM
I get through gallons of anti bac spray and put it all though - mostly used on high chair, toys, changing mats, travel cots etc

and don't forget cling film - I wrap meals I have prepared in bowls for fridge, double wrap them for the freezer, wrap half eaten apples and bananas etc - I put through every other roll I buy.

Although I only have one mindee who is toilet trained - I still put through 4 toilet rolls a month - (for my use and other visitors during work hours) other self employeed people who work away from home in an office or workshop would do - and don't forget to make that double if you employ an assistant.

TheBTeam
10-03-2009, 02:06 PM
I have a list of what I buy pretty much every month and I use about half for minding (i wash up lot more, wipe down a lot more, spend half my life cleaning the toilet and sink etc)and therefore claim half the cost of everything I buy in the month. I work on an average and have a set list of things I get through and the price and then just put down amount each week as £6.58 and that doesn't include nappies, wipes or sacks, but does include disinfectant wipes and baby wipes used at other times than just nappy changing.

bubbly
10-03-2009, 02:39 PM
I claim the full amount, but again I wouldn't claim for every bottle of washing up liquid as its not solely used for minding. I just claim every now & again for things like that. Disinfectant etc that I buy for minding I buy & keep separate so thats easier :)
This is what I do too

Allie
10-03-2009, 07:29 PM
I was smuggly thinking I claim for everything but now realise I have not charged for enough. Going to go through everything at the weekend and put down a more realistic amount

Thanks for the info

Allie

buildingblocks
10-03-2009, 07:34 PM
I suppose it depends on how many children you look after but £10 does not seem alot for wet wipes, gloves, tissues, toilet roll, kitchen towel, disinfectant wipes, washing up liquid, washing powder, loo cleaner, floor cleaner, window cleaner, what do you clean all your toys with? etc etc.

At the moment I get through 2-3 packs of wet wipes a week and one box of tissues and two toilet rolls just to start.:eek: so nearer £10per week for me!

All wet wipes and tissues go through my books (no children of my own and we use kitchen towel for our noses).

someone I know putd through £10 amonth through for all cleaning dstuff used, someone kse puts that amount through every other week.

I just put through every third or fourth purchase through (easy to work than a percentage). As all my recipets tend to go through the books I shop togehter for all food and highlight what is bought for the children it would be easy to prove how much I buy a month or whenever.