PDA

View Full Version : At first things were going up then went down.

Shirlwith3
09-03-2009, 06:57 AM
Well things are not so rosy at the mo after all the enquiries I had a while ago 1 never showed, another found someone near, another never got the job, oh another was only offered 2 days out the 3 that she wanted so nanny is having the child on the those 2 day s as plaaned so that leaves 1 lady coming next week for 2 whole days.

I do have a lady coming this afternoon we got in contact through this website - www.childcare.co.uk she only wants a couple of hours once or twice a week, twice would be better for me but we will see when she comes this afternoon.I am really needing to get contracts signed as hubby has started moaning again

Shirl

Jules27
09-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Oh hun, sorry to here that, you must be so disheartened, but don't give up, the perfect enquiry will be here soon!! In the mean time if you need to find work to make ends meet then do so, theres no shame in doing that, I did for a few months until I had enough mindees and I know many others on here have done so also!

Sending big hugs ((((( ))))))

huggableshelly
09-03-2009, 07:34 AM
things will pick up soon for you xxx

helenlc
09-03-2009, 07:46 AM
I know how you feel. I have had a few enquiries since Xmas but nothing has come off.

Maybe with this lady coming for a couple of hours, you might like to suggest that you think the 2 days would help them settle better than just the one. Its a long time in between their coming to you otherwise - a whole week.

miffy
09-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Hope this lady signs up. At least you know there is work out there and fingers crossed it will come your way soon

Miffy xx

angeldelight
09-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Sorry to hear that

Hope it works out later for you good luck

Angel xx

mandy moo
09-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Fingers crossed for this afternoon

Buzz Lightyear
09-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Hope your enquiry shows this afternoon.

There is nothing worse than getting your house and yourself ready only for them not to show. Plus, it's damn right rude! Hopefully the enquiry this afternoon wont be at all like that. I've found that Childcare site great and have had a few enquiries myself off there :thumbsup:

Good luck, let us know how you get on x

http://www.lauralikes.co.uk/images/level4/31_thumb.jpg

emler
09-03-2009, 10:43 AM
I hope this one works out for you - good luck!

marion123
09-03-2009, 10:50 AM
good luck for this afternoon :)

nannysue
09-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Good luck i hope things pick up soon:thumbsup:

vix84
09-03-2009, 11:31 AM
I seem to have a few months of nothing, and then loads of calls.
I got enquiried by printing off some little posters with some clipart pictures of toys and basic details of 'Registered Childminder Available', the days, that Im qualified/registered/crb checked and have great references' etc. and my phone numbers. I then went round to parks and tied them onto the railings, and pinned them to noticeboards, put a couple in a few shops etc. and got 2 mindee's that way.

Im sure sooner or later you will get that call!

Something else I would do - is invite a friend/parent over and do a pretend show around etc. and ask for their opinion and to see if you could provide more info./less or change anything. And check to see if your rates are reasonable etc.

Good luck

Bex1
09-03-2009, 11:35 AM
sorry to hear things have been down lately. I have had many many enquiries and visits and only 3 so far have paid off. I posted another thread about being annoyed about no shows. Although one mum has contacted to apologise for not turning up but she was poorly with tummy bug and forgot and she rearranged. I have mums also just not come back to me with a simple yes or no thanks which annoys me and I bumped into one in Tesco and she completely blanked me :mad: but I thought if she is like that I wouldnt want her anyway!

Fingers crossed it will pick up soon :thumbsup:

Ripeberry
09-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Sorry you're having trouble getting enquiries. I've had zilch as well and i keep looking at my e-mail box in hope but nothing :( . I'm just using the time to go on courses and tweak my policies (again!) and trying to get my husband to hurry up with the website. Was going to do one with Vistaprint but he said he could do one for me as he works with computers and websites all day but he is taking his time :rolleyes: .
I might try that link as i came accross it once when i tried to look up childcare link and typed in the wrong address.
Hope you have luck this afternoon :)

Shirlwith3
09-03-2009, 05:36 PM
WEll the lady showed up,she was really nice she didn't bring ehr son as he had not long woken up so the grandparents were watching, not got a signed contracrt yet but she is call ing back tomorrow to discuss a day for to bring her son to meet me. It was agreed that I would have him Tue & Wed from 9.30 to about 1.30.

She works a freelance fitness trainer so can set her own hours.

So things are looking up

Shirl

LittleMissSparkles
09-03-2009, 05:38 PM
WEll the lady showed up,she was really nice she didn't bring ehr son as he had not long woken up so the grandparents were watching, not got a signed contracrt yet but she is call ing back tomorrow to discuss a day for to bring her son to meet me. It was agreed that I would have him Tue & Wed from 9.30 to about 1.30.

So things are looking up

Shirl

thats brilliant hunnie hopefully the start of things to come xxx

Pipsqueak
09-03-2009, 05:48 PM

So things are looking up

Shirl

Excellent news - hope it works out well for you:clapping:

LisaH
09-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Thats great news, hang on in there it will get better:)

littletreasures
09-03-2009, 07:35 PM
That's good news. Hope you get the contract signed soon