PDA

View Full Version : Sorting toyz...

Nicola
08-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi, Has anyone got any ideas how to organise/tidy up toys on a low or non existant budget?
I thought about cardboard boxes, perhaps covering them with paper mache (involving the kids) and painting them to look bright etc...?
Do you have to split toys up into different boxes, i.e cars, animals etc?

Annie_T
08-03-2009, 11:46 PM
your idea is good hun and you could use it as an ob :thumbsup: so 2 birds with 1 stone as they say.

im not sure if you have to seperate them hun tho i have except few things that are in the same box as only have few items

i brought a 3 draw unit from argos for less than £20 (dont forget you can put it thru your books too

huggableshelly
09-03-2009, 07:39 AM
I bought boxes from the pound shop that live on my book shelf

I also have a storage unit from argos and some wicker baskets with lids on that were in homebase sale

your idea sounds like a great one but its also checking out sales too

helenlc
09-03-2009, 07:43 AM
I have boxes from Poundland too!! I also got in 99p Stpres the other day those fabric collapsible boxes (but they were for my kids rooms:blush: )

I also got a free Ikea Trofast Unit off my local Netmums.

Keep an eye out on the free section on your local Netmums, or try Ebay, Gumtree, Freecycle etc.

Otherwise, yes, homemade ones would be fine - and fun to do!!

miffy
09-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Wilkinson's, Au Naturale, Pound shop all sell storage boxes quite cheaply.

Puppets and small world figures can be stored in drawstring bags - use old pillow cases and sew in a string.

Miffy xx

haribo
09-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Wilkinson's, Au Naturale, Pound shop all sell storage boxes quite cheaply.

Puppets and small world figures can be stored in drawstring bags - use old pillow cases and sew in a string.

Miffy xx

thats a great idea miffy ive got tons of old pillowcases haha will have to try that one although sewing isnt my strong point :blush:

Polly2
09-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Have you seen these?

http://www.tubtrugs.com/

they are about £6.99 for a large one...don't know how small your budget is :)

One of my mindees mums gave me one and I use it for everything!

Carol
09-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Hi, Has anyone got any ideas how to organise/tidy up toys on a low or non existant budget?
I thought about cardboard boxes, perhaps covering them with paper mache (involving the kids) and painting them to look bright etc...?
Do you have to split toys up into different boxes, i.e cars, animals etc?

I got some flat packed cardboard boxes from Ikea 48p. I have a seperate box for cars (as I have hundreds of them). seperate one for playmobile, toy food & utensils, books, duplo. then 5 boxes which I alternate each week. I also have a box suitable for babies. Plus many other boxes. Got Marks and Spencers free lunch bags which I am about to put animals in and happy land people etc.

Just a case of what works best for you.

Carol xxx

angeldelight
10-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Do what works best for you

There are no set rules

If you shop around though you can get some decent storage boxes that are cheap

Angel xx

HomefromHome
10-03-2009, 07:48 AM
freecycle!!!!!!!

www.freecycle.org

would never be without it - pot luck really but worth putting some 'wanteds' on it for your area - if you need any help wi it, pm me.:)

FizzysFriends
10-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Have you seen these?

http://www.tubtrugs.com/

they are about £6.99 for a large one...don't know how small your budget is :)

One of my mindees mums gave me one and I use it for everything!

They are on offer in Tesco at the moment starting from £2.00