PDA

View Full Version : Mindees Parent Seperating

Little Bear
08-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Does anyone know where I stand as one of my mindees parents are seperating tomorrow. Boy lives with mother, father is moving to the street next to me. What happens if the father turns up to collect his son? :panic:

miss muffit
08-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi ya it depends what you arrange with them, they might have it that both are able to drop off and collect, if not then get a letter saying that you cant let the child go with the other one.

so sad for the children

patevans
08-03-2009, 07:24 PM
I had this situation recentley, Mum asked me not to let baby go with Dad if he turned up but Dad had PR so if he had of turned up I couldn't of stopped him!

sarah707
08-03-2009, 08:23 PM
I suppose this is one of the reasons why we have to get parental responsibility / legal contact information from parents at the start of the contracts isn't it?

Unless a parent has their PR removed by a court or the police tell you to keep the children safe and not let them leave with the other parent, then you have no legal rights to stop them being picked up.

However if you know the break up has been angry and you are worried about the safety the child, you are perfectly within your rights to ask the other parent to wait on your door step until you have rung the local safeguarding children board for advice...

I always personally feel we are not paid enough to make decisions like that :(