PDA

View Full Version : What toys/resourses do you put out when Ofsted are coming??

marian
08-03-2009, 04:17 PM
The title says it all!

Just wondering - do you go for familiar things that you know the children will enjoy , do you keep anything back and then bring it out if things go a bit flat?!:laughing:

Marian x

sarah707
08-03-2009, 04:46 PM
I try to keep it normal for the children and follow what they want with my planning in the background in case of emergencies.

That's how I work anyway tbh.

If I did anything differently I know the children would react.

Is your inspection due?

marian
08-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Im due round about easter time - so I thought I'd get some ideas!

Which ever day they come we would usually be out else-where
so it is going to be a break from their usual routine - not sure how they will react to that!

Marian x

angeldelight
08-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Keep your day going the way it usually goes

Let the children pick the toys they want to play with and orgainise some activities in advance and have a practice with the kids

I am sure you will be fine though

Angel xx

nannymcflea
09-03-2009, 05:25 PM
I just did what was on my planner...which happened to be painting! I have 3 under 2 1/2 and well you can imagine the mess,the youngest ran their hand over their face, I was laughing and luckily so did the inspector! It took me forever to wash it off them but it gave us a little time to chat as I did it, barring interuptions from the kids,who obviously came first.
I would say make sure your multi-cultural resourses are easy to spot as mine walked around making notes of what toys I had.
A good idea that my inspector liked was my list of toys and also the cleaning record that goes with them.

Emma82
09-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm having my inspection next week and was wondering the same as you.

I'll have 2 yr old twins as well as my 18 mth son and a nursery run at 11.30. Normally I don't have a planned activity for the morning otherwise the older one misses out. I think I'm going to set up our quiet corner and leave the children to do what they would normally do.

miffy
09-03-2009, 09:39 PM
I'd say do whatever you normally do - don't try and do anything different because the inspector is there.

Follow what the children want to do and play with them. Reading and talking to the children goes down well and I think the point about multicultural toys is a good one.

Good luck - I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine though

Miffy xx

sue
11-03-2009, 10:04 AM
l found that just letting them have free play worked well with me l had a load of drawing, cutting and gluing activives on table if l felt things were not going well, but in the end they came to table by themselfs and even got the Ofsted inspector involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!