PDA

View Full Version : dolls house recomendations please.

sarahstanbridge
08-03-2009, 11:07 AM
hi, i have decided that i need to invest in a dolls house before the end of the tax year. can anyone recommend a good one that wont break the bank. i was looking at the wooden one in argos. has anyone got it? is it any good. the girls i look after are now 3 years. i want to get amore grown up house for them to play with. my own daughter has one from toys r us but i dont want her to have to share all her own toys now that she is nearly 6.

amirose
08-03-2009, 11:12 AM
hi, i have decided that i need to invest in a dolls house before the end of the tax year. can anyone recommend a good one that wont break the bank. i was looking at the wooden one in argos. has anyone got it? is it any good. the girls i look after are now 3 years. i want to get amore grown up house for them to play with. my own daughter has one from toys r us but i dont want her to have to share all her own toys now that she is nearly 6.

I really like the wooden dolls house in Argos, its lovely and if you read the reviews they are excellent too.

I have a wooden dolls house, much prefer it to the plastic ones and its a natural material too (something I am sure ofsted would approve of :thumbsup: ). Mine came from ebay and only cost me £5! :eek: I have been delighted with it.

helenlc
08-03-2009, 01:44 PM
I have the ELC wooden one with the basement bit too. I got it off Ebay for £25 with all the furniture sets and the white family. I then bought myself the ethnic family.

Its great and very sturdy. The access is good all round for the kids to get in and play with.

Pedagog
08-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Dollshouse emporium do some lovely children's dollhouses, and if you are spending more than £100 you can spread the payments. They also have some great offers at the moment.

Childrens Dollshouses (http://www.dollshouse.com/dhe/dolls-houses-for-children.aspx)

PixiePetal
08-03-2009, 02:01 PM
I have pm you the website I get my stuff from :)

Wasn't sure if I could put it here for advertising reasons.:D

charleyfarley
08-03-2009, 06:02 PM
I have the ELC wooden one with the basement bit too. I got it off Ebay for £25 with all the furniture sets and the white family. I then bought myself the ethnic family.

Its great and very sturdy. The access is good all round for the kids to get in and play with.

We have that one too, although it is Charleys and as it was her xmas present one year it stays in her bedroom.

I much prefer the wooden ones to plastic.

Carol xx

fionamal
08-03-2009, 07:04 PM
I have the wooden one from Ikea. Had it for about 3 years now and is very basic but does the job. Only has 4 rooms and a roof terrace but it lets the kids decide what rooms they want when they play with it.

Cammie Doodle
09-03-2009, 08:46 AM
I have the little Tykes one , had it years and kids love it . And with it being plastic it can be played with outdoors (on the decking ) and is very forgiving when its sat on etc lol. I was given it by a friend whose daughter no longer played with it. :thumbsup:

huggableshelly
09-03-2009, 11:03 AM
I have a little tykes one that lives outside in the playhouse, its 17 years old now and still very strong.

I have a wooden one inside that I got of bidup tv mainly for my daughters use but she decided she wanted it downstairs to share which helped with costs as I was going to grab another one. Mine enjoyed making peg dolls and finger puppets to go with both houses too.

nannymcflea
09-03-2009, 04:55 PM
We got my daughters from Toys r us, it was £50 and came with all furniture,it's quite narrow so fits up against a wall,it's wooden.

LisaH
09-03-2009, 07:28 PM
I picked a great wooden one up from home bargains, has furniture and 4 people with it. Only cost £20:)

louised
11-03-2009, 02:59 PM
I have just bought the home bargains one, it is excellent, really chunky and sturdy, can't drag the mindees away from it and what a bargain. I'm going back next week for the wooden castle!

nikki13
11-03-2009, 04:34 PM
sue ryder charity shop they are 3 storys high lovely colours got my little girl one at xmas and she plays every day with it and the envy of all her friends

sarahstanbridge
18-03-2009, 07:57 AM
I bought the argos dolls house yesterday. Took ages to put together with all the silly little screws but once up i am really pleased with it. its a good size. my only real complaint is it didnt have much furnature and only has two people with it but i can add to it. so i would recommend it to anyone who might be thinking they want a dolls house...