PDA

View Full Version : should i charge for inset days

sammy
07-03-2009, 09:59 PM
i just wondered as i have term time children, i dont charge during school holidays and half term, but as this year they have an inset day so go back on the tuesday, should i charge for the monday (inset day), as i do work mondays. I didnt think it would be part of half term?

rickysmiths
07-03-2009, 10:30 PM
I would if it fell on a contracted day but they were not coming to me. I'm surprised you dont charge 1/2 fee for all the holidays though.

sammy
07-03-2009, 10:36 PM
i know i wish i had charged in holidays too, but i had just began minding again after a long break, and wasnt too sure what answers i would give if they questioned me (one parent would have) but now im more confident in saying that i cant have another child in that time, but how often would you get someone who would want you on a thurs 3 til 7, and another is an after school pick up and take home, and the other is 2 hours in morning whilst my son is at nursery. Its so part time.

So it would have been difficult to have explained that and made sense. But do you think i still should?

Chatterbox Childcare
07-03-2009, 10:48 PM
If it is part of your contracted time then yes everything counts.

I think you mean what we call a Teacher Training Day by inset day and it doesn't matter when it falls in the week charge it.

I do have a sentence in my additional information section that says "this contract runs in term time, dates as set down by ......Council. Both parties then initial this

Shar
08-03-2009, 08:33 AM
I also do not charge the term time only children for school holidays or inset days if I don't have them. It works for me as the others pay more in the holidays and I have a lighter workload!! Do what works for you.:thumbsup:

littletreasures
08-03-2009, 08:53 AM
I charge half fee for the school holidays, based on the term dates of the school I pick up from not the parent's schools. If it is an Inset Day on the first day back I classify this still as holiday not the beginning of term so it would be half fee if the parent's weren't back, but if the parent's were back at school I would have the children so would charge them the whole day fee.

Hope this helps

amirose
08-03-2009, 08:55 AM
I also do not charge the term time only children for school holidays or inset days if I don't have them. It works for me as the others pay more in the holidays and I have a lighter workload!! Do what works for you.:thumbsup:

I have a couple of term time only contacts too and am just in the process of taking on someone new - school holidays only :thumbsup:

I think I wouldn't charge for inset days either, you can find them all in advance off the same site where you get the school holiday rota so I just count them in too.

miffy
08-03-2009, 09:01 AM
If I would normally have the children before and after school but aren't doing because it is an inset day then that's the hours I'd charge them.

Miffy xx